Pro Wrestling Only

HHH v Taka Michinoku

Loss

HHH v Taka Michinoku - WWF RAW 04/10/00

This match is crap, but it's such entertaining crap that I'm tempted to give it a free pass. Perhaps crap is an overstatement, because Taka gets in some great offense and HHH bumps well for him, but it's the maximum booking overdrive that makes this memorable. They pull out all the stops to make this every bit as exciting as a normal RAW main event would be, and actually convince the crowd at one point that Taka may leave with the title, which is no small feat considering each man's place in the pecking order. Everyone from the McMahons, to Earl Hebner, to Funaki, to the APA, to Buchanan & Boss Man, plays a part in this one, but it works as a nice little 8-minute escapism act, and despite the fact that it isn't something I could watch every day, this is far more effective than HHH and Taka wrestling a clean match ever could have been.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

This match is fondly remembered, I thought, by the vast majority of the IWC for a number of reasons.

To me, it was super-dick heel HHH picking on a little guy (TAKA) and that little guy really taking it to HHH with the fans really behind him because they hated HHH so much. I remember the heat being insane and the crowd popping for the near falls like mad. People genuinely hated the HHH character and you feel them SEETHING; wanting to see him lose, it didn't even matter to who. Even though no smark would ever buy it, WWF actually let us believe for about 10 minutes that HHH could lose the World Title to a former member of Kaientai. And that's because HHH was really bumping for TAKA and selling his offense, something we'd never see him do today. It really made the match what it was and lent to that credibility that we might see him lose the title.

I remember WWF trying to recreate this atmosphere later with HHH and another smaller opponent, I can't recall...maybe Hurricane? But it just wasn't the same. I consider this match to be special but not exceptional. The story surrounding the match was much greater than the in-ring work which wasn't bad either.

I don't want play-by-play but exactly what happened in the match? I just rremember TAKA getting in a dropkick from the top-rope. That is my entire recollection of this match.

I don't know how to sum it up more than I did in the review. If you have a specific question, please ask it.

Guest Some Guy

I don't want play-by-play but exactly what happened in the match? I just rremember TAKA getting in a dropkick from the top-rope. That is my entire recollection of this match.

I think I have it and if so you'll get it eventually.

I haven't seen it since it happened but I remember thinking that HHH did a great job of convincing hte crowd that TAKA would win and that I was marking out like crazy during the match. I don't remember a single spot other than the Pedigree finishing it and HHH kicking out of the Michinoku Driver.

Perhaps crap is an overstatement, because Taka gets in some great offense and HHH bumps well for him,

What moves did TAKA do that HHH bump well for?

Everyone from the McMahons, to Earl Hebner, to Funaki, to the APA, to Buchanan & Boss Man, plays a part in this one,

What did they do?

They pull out all the stops to make this every bit as exciting as a normal RAW main event would be,

What stops did they pull out to make this so exciting?

Dude, you know I am not one to criticize your writing. I just felt this was the one review that stood out where I didn't know where you were going because too many details were left out. Sorry.