Pro Wrestling Only

Greatest Stars of the 90's

Bob Morris

The inclusion of current TNA wrestlers Sting and Mick Foley is a bit surprising, as they could have easily chosen to ignore them and feature other big name stars of the era. ECW being so ignored is interesting too, given that they've spent years promoting that brand and they've got the tape library. Still no Randy Savage I see.

Savage is pictured on the box of next week's Saturday Night's Main Event DVD set, plus amazingly, there's the following scheduled to be released:

http://www.kochcan.com/05_catalogue/videoi...tem=KOC-DV-9289

As for Sting and Foley, Sting's been mentioned MANY times on previous DVDs, such as the two Flair ones, the Starrade one (heck, he's pictured there), among other sets.

Foley doesn't surprise me that much either as they went through with releasing the HIAC set that he hosts in October (this is well after he left the company too), plus one of the Legends Of Wrestling segments used in that DVD (released last week) was the Heatseekers one, which included him (and Bischoff, for that matter).

I simply don't think Vince sees TNA as enough of a threat to NOT feature any former stars of his that are now with that company (or in Sting's case, any previous stars that he has footage of that never worked in the WWE that are with TNA). Hell, they still use Kurt Angle an awful lot with these things.

I'm really interested to see if this Savage set happens for certain. Given the title and the number of discs the link gives (and KOCH is an official distributor to boot), it doesn't sound like an Ultimate Warrior hatchet job.

I doubt a Savage DVD ever sees the light of day, but they've never shown any reluctance to include individual matches of his on other sets. It seems as if every year someone tries to slip a Savage set past Vince, and every year they get closer to pulling it off, but he always catches it at the last minute. I have this mental image of Ricky Steamboat trying to engage Vince in conversation while the DVD guys feverishly rush to have like Shane or someone approve the set instead.