Pro Wrestling Only

The Eddie/Booker Pulp Fiction WM Promo

Guest Bruiser Chong

Guest Bruiser Chong

CJ just urged to me to flip over to RAW to see watch this and man, fucking gold. This is the sort of stuff WWE needs to be doing if they insist on acting Hollywood. Now I wanna see the old skits Booker did when he wanted to be Hollywood.

And I think that promo convinced me to order WM.

It was probably the third-best on of the bunch. Booker's "Can you dig that..." at the end of Ezekiel 25:17 was the high point of the ad. I think they might've had more potential out of parodying one of the cafeteria scenes, or the blood-stained scenes near the end of the movie, with Nunzio playing Quentin Tarantino's character.

The BraveHHHeart and Basic Instinct ones are tied on my list. Flair was superb in the first one, and Christian was the star in the second one. The Forrest Gump one is last, but I think it's because Eugene, in my book, is kinda becoming like Ralph Wiggum: a constant parody of himself. I'm saying that as a fan, of course.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

I completely forgot that I had seen the BraveHHHeart one and Eugene's Forrest Gump spoof. When I saw this most recent PULP FICTION one (after IMing Bruiser: "TURN TO RAW...TURN TO RAW NOW!") the first thing I thought was, "They should do more of these" completely forgetting that they already had done more.

As much as I haven't watched RAW lately, it seems the only one I haven't seen is the Basic Instinct one. If Eddy and Booker are a sign of things to come, it might be worth watching RAW again just to catch these 'Mania promos.

Does anyone have Booker's "Scorpion King" spot from a few years ago?

Guest Crucifixio Jones

Thanks, Marty. Not only are you the real Scorpion King, but you're a five-time, five-time, five-time, five-time, five-time WCW champion...

AND NOW YOU GOT A SWORD, SUCKAAAAAAAA!

Guest Bruiser Chong

Christian and Jericho are great in the Basic Instinct promo. Even Benoit brings the goods there. Considering the utter crap we get in most of the skits on WWE, these are brilliant. I can't believe it's the same company.