Pro Wrestling Only

2010: The year where news stories were a lot more interesting than the wrestling

Bix

I handled this as tactfully as possible at Cageside, but boy, 2010 was lame. If the news stories weren't so interesting, following wrestling would've been a chore. Keith wrote up a fantastic, fully annotated post of the biggest stories we covered on the blog in addition to links to the best stuff we put out throughout the year that didn't tie into the top 10 stories.

I'd love to watch more indy Lucha, so maybe my wrestling-related New Years resolution will be to track all of the good stuff and rip it from YouTube to watch on my media player since I'm not a fan of watching stuff on my PC. I'll also make sure to follow Cubs' HQ uploads. Aside from that, dunno what enjoyment I'll get out of 2011 if things keep going the way they were last year.

Smackdown had some great stuff but the changes with the Syfy move put a pox on the whole year. And even though the show still has good matches, it's really lifeless.

I really have no excuse with Superstars at this point since I can watch Hulu on my TV via PlayOn, so somebody link me one of those Superstars guides again. And maybe what IWRG to grab.

I was really into WWECW from Feb 09 to Feb 10 but that's obviously gone. NXT has had some of the most entertaining moments in US Wrestling over the last few years but it's had just as many unwatchable ones. And most of the entertaining moments are along the lines of satire or trainwrecks.

The biggest story of the year to me as a fan is the sheer ease of access in watching old YEARS worth of wrestling online. So I too am looking backwards.

HBK was gone from RAW for almost ten months this year, HHH for nine. Kane was on Smackdown (Edge recently joining him). It has never been fresher.

It's unclear that they have any idea of what to do with it and there are points where (unlike the Cena v Khali period) it felt like it was in a holding period waiting for a DX return to clean house on everyone. But that isn't the case anymore.