Pro Wrestling Only

Over the Limit Thoughts

goodhelmet

Did they do a Macho Man tribute at the beginning? I missed the first 5 minutes.

R-Truth vs. Rey Mysterio

- Decent but short opener. Truth took a nasty bump early on outside the ring followed by a Rey rana. The end was never really in doubt since they have been pushing Truth lately

Wade Barrett vs. Ezekiel Jackson

- Crowd didn't give a shit about this match. I tried to stay engaged but not good at all. I know some people put too much emphasis on strikes and others don't mind at all but this had some of the shittiest strikes and selling of said strikes I have ever seen. Jackson gives Barrettt 5 bodyslams to Barrett which gets the crowd into it and he was about to hit his finisher before the Corre runs in for the DQ. What shitty booking. This should have been power move after power move. Instead, once Zeke starts to catch some fire, they end it. Whatever. Hey they got the bodyslam over!

Punk & Nexus Vignette

- Punk is so wasted with these guys. Still, telling Otunga and Hennig to walk off their injuries gave me a chuckle.

Sin Cara vs. Chavo Guerrero

- I'll say this about Sin Cara, when either he or Chavo is out of place, he finds a way to follow through and hit something. I think I miss some of that improvisation in matches. I don't like the darkened arena feel to his matches though. Oh well, ugly finish to a so-so match.

CM Punk & Mason Ryan vs. Big Show & Kane

- Punk and Ryan had a sound strategy when going after the knee but Ryan is so so bad. I did mark out for the Oklahoma Stampede though. Punk does his personal tribute to Macho Man but misses the flying elbow. I don't think Ryan should even be on TV but why pin the guy if you expect him to be a monster?

Another great match from Orton and Christian. Christians escalation of frustration made for a fun story and the finishing stretch was spectacular. I think Christian is turning heel this week at the SD tapings.

Kelly/Bella was alright but bummed that Kharma wasn't there.

yeah what was up with that? They've spent so much time building her and she doesn't show up on PPV? Weird.

Lawler vs Cole was perfect. Short and sweet "match", Cole doing the timeless heel doctors note promo and Lawler ripping his clothes off and throwing him through the Cole Mine. I would've prefered Lawler dropping a couple extra top rope fist drops as a receipt but this was fine...then we got an incredible post-match payoff with everyone getting their licks in, and Bret Hart showing up to lock in a sharpshooter while Lawler forcefed Cole his foot was a great callback to the Lawler-Hart feud and a fantastic way to blow off this feud. Great stuff, smartly booked and this show has picked up in the last 2 matches.

Macho deserved more than a graphic.

This show sucked though Orton v. Christian had a great stretch run and I liked the Lawler/Cole stuff.

Barrett is literally the most boring wrestler on Earth. Just totally uninteresting on every level to the point where I want to change the channel any time he shows up. Sin Cara is just..ugh. I almost hope Chavo did have some injury to explain that performance because otherwise I think it is pretty safe to say Sin Cara is the worst guy on the roster. Main Event was painfully boring. Punk tried but that the tag match never had a chance. Women's match was eh. Truth v. Rey was solid but nothing special.

Really a shit show.

They're both the worst workers in WWE no matter how you slice it. Sin Cara is better strictly because he has the benefit of having his matches edited on SD. That wasnt the case last night and they looked equally bad for completely different reasons.

Cara wasn't even the worst guy on the show. That belongs to Mason Ryan. No way should he even be on FCW tv, much less a WWE ppv. The cara match was probably the 3rd best match after Rey/Truth and Orton/Christian.

I agree with this. Punk was working on the leg and setting Ryan up to kee Kane grounded and he goes to the Stampede and Bearhug... the two moves he was taught. Punk was working for two in this one. Did any wrestler besides Punk do any subtle tributes to Macho Man?