Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-03-03-Michinoku Pro] Super Delphin vs Sato

Loss

• 1 month later...

Pretty good match once it got going, but the early stuff was really dull. Togo spends most of the match working over Delphin's knee before they go down the nearfall-filled final stretch. Felt a little cliche in how it was laid out. Not something I'll ever seek out and watch again.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Disappointing compared to the '94 matches between these two. Apparently the double-turn that put each guy into their more familiar roles has now taken place, as SATO does heelish stuff to start with like working over Delfin's knee in the ropes, and Delfin is a total babyface down the stretch. The closing stretch is pretty hot but the opening portion was in like 0th gear. And some of the hotter portions of the match are missed by the stationary camera missing stuff on the floor and in the corners of the ringside area. I don't know if this was the story or not, but I'd like to thinK SATO sort of sold his soul to the heel side having been frustrated at losing his mask and hair to Delfin in the previous year.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-03-03-Michinoku Pro] Super Delphin vs Sato