Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-04-02-WWF-Wrestlemania XI] Owen Hart & Yokozuna vs Smoking Gunns

Loss

• 1 month later...

Last few minutes. Yoko returned to the WWF as a mystery partner for Owen, and they beat the Gunns to win the tag titles. I really thought putting these two together was a great idea, and the dynamic was a good one. The wrestling here was a total mess and Yoko doesn't look so good.

• 1 year later...
Guest Andrews

Was Owen dropping obvious hints at the time that it would be Yoko? Because as a kid I called it beforehand. Was i a super smart kid, or did WWF put the seed in my head?

• 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1995-04-02-WWF-Wrestlemania XI] Owen Hart & Yokozuna vs Smoking Gunns
  • 2 years later...

Owen's mystery partner is revealed to be none other than Yokozuna. The Smoking Gunns are solid hands, but their lame gimmick does not endear them to the crowd and they get little in the way of reactions. Owen and Yoko instantly click as partners. Owen deals with the workrate, whilst Yoko is the heavy who puts the Gunns in their place. Owen gets the pin after a Yokozuna Banzai Drop and the crowd jump out of their seats in joy. Owen might of been a heel, but the fans in Hartford really seem to like him here. Decent enough, with the action keeping a consistent pace. 
★★