Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-09-02-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Ric Flair

Loss

• 2 months later...

Familiarity breeds contempt, says the Nature Boy. He mentions the saying that you want to hear your neighbor is doing good, but not too good, and says he won titles both with and without Arn. Arn can't call Flair on the phone and can't have Flair in his corner. They're no longer friends and he's ashamed to call Arn family. Fantastic yet again.

• 2 years later...

The true nature of the family relations between Flair and the Andersons was always...let's be generous and call it "flexible." Even within the span of a single interview, as I don't think Okerlund was ever clued in on the family history. Disjointed, but Ric's delivery is so great that it doesn't matter. This is the best WCW storyline of the year, weak though the competition may be. They've successfully booked an anticipated match between these two longtime friends without compromising or cheapening either character.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-09-02-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Ric Flair
  • 1 year later...

"You're not gonna have the Nature Boy on your side this time, and that means you can't call me on the phone, you can't ride in the limo! That means you're gonna go head up and have to wrestle a man who wrestled the world 11 times. And you know what else that means? It means we're no longer friends, and I'm ashamed to call you family."

Spine-tingling, as good a Flair promo as ever.