Pro Wrestling Only

A different approach to the tournament this time

Loss

I'm thinking this time, we'll still do invididual topics for the tournaments, but we're doing them in poll format. That way, those who respond will possibly be more inclinced to say why they're voting the way they are instead of just naming a name and leaving the thread for bare. Remember, the whole point of a tournament is to promote debate and discussion. I figure I'll start on Monday. I'm putting this in the wrestling folder hoping that some who don't frequent the Tournaments folder will see it and be interested in participating this time around.

I would suggest putting the early round matchups in a few threads, say eight to a thread. That way, we will not have to worry about separate threads for mismatches, and it will save time.

I actually like Al's idea a lot more than the poll idea. The poll idea is nice, but it doesn't guarantee replies. On top of that, I did most of the voting in the last tournament at work and constant replying to new threads killed any enthusiasm for me to go into detail, especially when I had a lot of typing to do at work later on. One thread for a number of matchups is a real time-saver.

Or we could do a match a day and really stretch this thing out. It could go for months that way.

In theory, that's not a bad idea. I found, with everything rather close together, what hurt the last tournament was constantly repeating my reasons for my votes, depending on the wrestler and who they were against. It won't feel that tiresome if we stretched it out like that, but I have a feeling most people won't go for it.