Pro Wrestling Only

Where The Big Boys Play #1/#2

Hi all, this will be on iTunes soon, see below for the first two shows. Had fun with soup23 doing this. I know what you're thinking, "just what the world needs, another wrestling podcast", but this one is a bit different. We're only covering NWA and WCW PPV shows and Clash of the Champions, with maybe some AWA and other stuff mixed in as we move forward -- I see this as being a niche in the market that nobody has bothered to fill, because so many podcasts focus on WWF/E. The plan is for most shows to feature a guest, hopefully drawn from the ranks of this place -- so if you'd be interested in getting involved shoot me a PM, knowledge of NWA stuff is not a pre-requisite. Obviously the next show will be Starrcade 84.

Posted Image

Where the Big Boys Play Home Page

Where the Big Boys Play is an old-school wrestling podcast focusing mainly on reviewing PPV shows put on by the NWA / Jim Crockett Promotions / WCW hosted by Chad (aka Soup23) and Parv (aka JerryvonKramer), starting with Starrcade 83. On occasion, we will also dip into supercards put on by the AWA and other territories as well as invite guests to take part in roundtable debates. We will not cover old WWF shows because they have already been covered so comprehensively by others.

Where the Big Boys Play #1 – Starrcade 83: Part 1

Posted Image

After some brief self-introductions detailing their history as wrestling fans, Chad and Parv take a look at the first four matches of the so-called “Grandaddy of them all”, Starrcade 83. Highlights include: being a wrestling fan in the UK, discussion of late-70s dancing babyfaces, lame finishes, assessing Gordon Solie in general, the difference between Carolinas Flair and Minnesota Flair, and Dusty’s mic trouble.

Where the Big Boys Play #2 – Starrcade 83: Part 2

Posted Image

Chad and Parv continue their analysis of Starrcade 83 by looking at the concluding four matches. Highlights include: extended evaluation of the Great Kabuki’s claw hold, Japanese wrestlers dogging it in the US, more assessment of Solie, picks for MVP, match of the night and worst performance, and we ask “does Harley Race really care?”

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, this will be on iTunes soon, see below for the first two shows. Had fun with soup23 doing this. I know what you're thinking, "just what the world needs, another wrestling podcast", but this one is a bit different. We're only covering NWA and WCW PPV shows and Clash of the Champions, with maybe some AWA and other stuff mixed in as we move forward -- I see this as being a niche in the market that nobody has bothered to fill, because so many podcasts focus on WWF/E. The plan is for most shows to feature a guest, hopefully drawn from the ranks of this place -- so if you'd be interested in getting involved shoot me a PM, knowledge of NWA stuff is not a pre-requisite. Obviously the next show will be Starrcade 84.

Posted Image

Where the Big Boys Play Home Page

Where the Big Boys Play is an old-school wrestling podcast focusing mainly on reviewing PPV shows put on by the NWA / Jim Crockett Promotions / WCW hosted by Chad (aka Soup23) and Parv (aka JerryvonKramer), starting with Starrcade 83. On occasion, we will also dip into supercards put on by the AWA and other territories as well as invite guests to take part in roundtable debates. We will not cover old WWF shows because they have already been covered so comprehensively by others.

Where the Big Boys Play #1 – Starrcade 83: Part 1

Posted Image

After some brief self-introductions detailing their history as wrestling fans, Chad and Parv take a look at the first four matches of the so-called “Grandaddy of them all”, Starrcade 83. Highlights include: being a wrestling fan in the UK, discussion of late-70s dancing babyfaces, lame finishes, assessing Gordon Solie in general, the difference between Carolinas Flair and Minnesota Flair, and Dusty’s mic trouble.

Where the Big Boys Play #2 – Starrcade 83: Part 2

Posted Image

Chad and Parv continue their analysis of Starrcade 83 by looking at the concluding four matches. Highlights include: extended evaluation of the Great Kabuki’s claw hold, Japanese wrestlers dogging it in the US, more assessment of Solie, picks for MVP, match of the night and worst performance, and we ask “does Harley Race really care?”

If you ever need anyone to do a show with you on one of these super cards let me know, this sounds like fun

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I have always loved the Flair v Race match, but I have not seen it in some time, and I fear that the passing years may not have been kind.

I do have to confess that I was amused by the opening match....but not means a match of quality, but I have a soft spot for faces who can get a reaction by simply doing a stupid dance or wiggling their arse about.