Pro Wrestling Only

Where The Big Boys Play #27

Where the Big Boys Play #27 - Great American Bash 88

Posted Image

Chad and Parv review Great American Bash 88: The Price for Freedom. In this show: Parv awkwardly reads some listener comments, the strange and wonderful world of the Pro Wrestling Only message boards, the financial performance of JCP in mid-88 and the Turner deal, Chad and Parv have a major disagreement over a match, thoughts on the infamous Tower of Doom match, Dusty Rhodes: 289lbs, and a sad farewell to Arn and Tully.

Listened to the show. I'm going to agree with Chad on the 1st tag. I thought it was real good. Not a classic or anything, but a good match that told a story. Another thing you notice is the Cornette factor not being at ringside takes the heat down on MX matches. We saw this on the 90 set with the Pillman/Zenk match on the 90 set. I liked the Dusty/Windham match. I thought the crowd heat made the match.

I thought referencing the Observer was a good touch and to hear what Meltzer's talking points were at the time.

Thanks for the comments shoe.

I had the MX heat thing as a bullet point just forgot to mention it. It is real interesting to watch them work this way because both here and in 1990 the match so engaging by how smart they worked without a manager, but the crowd heat suffered.

The Baltimore crowd did help this card a good deal I think being right there with the performers even on the main event when they thought Luger had won.

I would have the Windham/Dusty match much higher if Dusty would have toned down the hulking up and the claw segment would have been edited down a couple of minutes.