Pro Wrestling Only

A few more subforum ideas

Loss

I don't want to overly compartmentalize everything. I think the purpose of having subforums is to make the threads easier to find. But I had a few other ideas for subforums that I wanted to hear your thoughts on:

* Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame

-- All of the HOF discussions could go here. I like the idea of creating a new thread for each person on the ballot, and bumping it every year if the person is a return ballottee.

* Philosophy 101

-- We have a lot of these types of threads. About what wrestling should be, and how it should be watched, and what works for us personally. I thought that may make an interesting subfolder, but I also don't want the main Pro Wrestling folder to become useless, and I fear it would if we did that.

* Information Repository

-- I like Jerry's previous suggestion of starting this subforum. However, where I struggle is in identifying which threads should go in it. Could I get some help on that? Could someone suggest all of the threads that should go there? This wouldn't be a discussion board, as much as it would be a place to archive threads that are more information-based. I know about Vince vs The World and WCW Head Bookers, but I'm sure we have a lot more that should go there.

Here's a link to the Information thread I suggested:

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?showtopic=18101

"Beginner's Guides" could be a thing, but I'm not sure we have enough of them to justify a whole sub-forum.

I would still like to see an all-round resource thread pinned to the top of the main folder. We all draw on a lot of other sites for info like solie.org, historyofwwe.com and so on. It would be very cool to have links all that info in one place.

Hall of Fame discussion could be a good one. I think there's a world of difference, for example, between the current DiBiase or Bret / Flair stuff and what Dylan was doing with Patera or Rose before.

Could there be a "lists and rankings" sub-forum? I wanted to make a Top 20 Mic workers thread, for example, but somehow felt inhibited.

But it would also be a good place for people's Top 50 matches or worker lists and so on. Also, I recall a poll from a year or two or so in which some people said they like having those sorts of convos and some don't. It's something I don't think the main folder would miss too much.