Pro Wrestling Only

NOAH Destiny 7/18/05

Mad Dog

Huge show coming up for NOAH:

1. Takashi Sugiura, SUWA & Masashi Aoyagi vs. Tsuyoshi Kikuchi, Mitsuo Momota & Katsuhiko Nakajima

2. Mohammed Yone & Takeshi Morishima vs. Tamon Honda & Go Shiosaki

3. Akira Taue, Takuma Sano, Jun Izumida & Haruka Eigen vs. Akitoshi Saito, Shiro Koshinaka, Masao Inoue & Kishin Kawabata

4. Mushiking Terry Debut Match: Mushiking Terry vs. Black Mask

5. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title: Yoshinobu Kanemaru © vs. KENTA

6. GHC Tag Team Title: Minoru Suzuki & Naomichi Marufuji © vs. Jun Akiyama & Makoto Hashi

7. GHC Heavyweight Title: Takeshi Rikio © vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi New Japan

8. Yoshinari Ogawa vs. Genichiro Tenryu

9. Kenta Kobashi vs. Kensuke Sasaki

10. Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Toshiaki Kawada

I have to admit that Misawa/Kawada and Kobashi/Sasaki don't interest me greatly. I've never cared for Sasaki outside of tag matches here and there and I don't think Kobashi has been as good as a lot claim during his GHC run. Misawa/Kawada, I don't think Misawa has the physical goods at this point to make it a great match. It might be ok but I think people are expecting way too much. Rikio/Tanahashi interests me greatly though. I still think Tanahashi is still the future for New Japan.

1. Takashi Sugiura, SUWA & Masashi Aoyagi vs. Tsuyoshi Kikuchi, Mitsuo Momota & Katsuhiko Nakajima

This could be really entertaining. SUWA vs. Kikuchi segments should be good.

2. Mohammed Yone & Takeshi Morishima vs. Tamon Honda & Go Shiosaki

If Honda has his working boots on and Morishima is feeling spry, then this could be a fun match to watch. If nothing above happens then this match will blow. Yone can only do so much. He'll probably be feeling it wrestling in the Tokyo Dome. I have a feeling a lot of guys will have their working boots on for this show.

3. Akira Taue, Takuma Sano, Jun Izumida & Haruka Eigen vs. Akitoshi Saito, Shiro Koshinaka, Masao Inoue & Kishin Kawabata

This can be the piss or ball scratching match. Pass.

4. Mushiking Terry Debut Match: Mushiking Terry vs. Black Mask

I know Kotaro Suzuki is Mushi but is there anyone notable wrestling as Black Mask?

5. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title: Yoshinobu Kanemaru ? vs. KENTA

I think this match could end up stealing the show.

6. GHC Tag Team Title: Minoru Suzuki & Naomichi Marufuji ? vs. Jun Akiyama & Makoto Hashi

Pass. Marufuji is not going to be a hero in this match.

7. GHC Heavyweight Title: Takeshi Rikio ? vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi New Japan

This could either be really good or just average. I don't see these two having a bad match on such a huge show. Both guys are good wrestlers when they put some effort into it. This match is as good a match as any for these two to show off the goods.

8. Yoshinari Ogawa vs. Genichiro Tenryu

The most dickish match in Puroresu history.

9. Kenta Kobashi vs. Kensuke Sasaki

The no-selling will be off the charts here. The number of lariats thrown in this match could be off the radar. That doesn't mean it'll be a good match though. Sasaki should come out dressed as Power Warrior in tribute to Hawk.

10. Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Toshiaki Kawada

I have a feeling that this match will make me feel sad after I watch it.

Overall, this is one of the strongest looking Dome Shows a wrestling company has put on in a while. Misawa made out really well here.

I think, if anything, Misawa has plenty of the physical goods to make this a good match. Look at the insane bumps he's taken in big matches post-1999, especially in his 03/01/03 match with Kobashi. What I think the match is going to lack is substance beyond those big bumps and highspots. It's amazing how guys like Misawa haven't really become smarter workers as they've gotten older.

Misawa, Kawada, Kobashi, etc. have all regressed (badly) as workers since 1998. The ME will probably be all big spots and little else in-between. I am cry.

Kawada can still be good from time to time. I think he's just lazy and realizes he can still get pops by kicking for 90% of the match.

Kobashi, IMO, is the single most overrated wrestler in the world right now. If he was 10 years younger people would be shitting all over him and given his matches nowhere near the praise they get. I don't understand this force that blinds people when it comes to him.

The idea that Misawa, Kawada, and Kobashi aren't good anymore is nonsense. They're still great when they want to be, and I don't doubt for a second that they could have great matches on this show.

Kobashi, IMO, is the single most overrated wrestler in the world right now. If he was 10 years younger people would be shitting all over him and given his matches nowhere near the praise they get.

What in the hell are you talking about? Kobashi when he was ten years younger was worshipped as one of the best in the world.

I don't understand this force that blinds people when it comes to him.

:rolleyes:

Misawa, Kawada, Kobashi are still good workers, Kawada-san. I just think their in-ring skills have regressed since 1997. They rely more on big spots to pop the crowd instead of good transition wrestling with big spots mixed in, which resembles the current WWE style nonsense I can't stand watching. I could see Misawa vs. Kawada going into head dropping madness or wrestling as art beauty mode. I hope for the latter.

I don't hate the Big 3 as workers like others on the net but I don't think of them as highly as I did like 7 years ago. It's really a combination of age and injuries that have slowed them down. It's just a part of the aging process and I can't dish out mad hate on them for that. They're still 3 of the best workers to ever come down into a ring.

I started watching NOAH with the 03/05/05 show. I went in only really having seen Misawa and (very little) Tenryu. I'd honestly never even heard of Kobashi before I watched his match with Rikio.

Kobashi impressed me then, and has continued to do so at subsequent events. I also got ahold of his match with Misawa in '03 that Loss mentioned and a few other of his title defenses. I can't really say wether or not he's regressed since 1998 but I can say that he entertains me more than most of the guys in North America right now.

I've also became a huge fan of KENTA, Akiyama, SUWA, and... Bison Smith.

I'm seriously looking forward to this show and I just hope that Kawada/Misawa deliever the goods.

Guest Mike Campbell

For such a huge show, you'd have think NOAH would have put more thought into the undercard. For instance, dropping Aoyagi and adding Ki, and dropping Momota and adding Ricky Marvin to the opener to continue the Marvin vs Skindheads rivalry.

The second and third match could have been combined into a pretty choice six man tag Morishima/Taue/Sano vs. Yone/Honda/Go.

Rikio vs Tanahashi should also not be the 7th match on a ten match card. I can see them being 8th at the lowest. There is no reason why Tenryu vs Ogawa deserves to be higher up.

MOTN will probably wind up being KENTA vs Kanemaru, depending on how Kanemaru performs, because he was a big reason his title win over Lyger was such a disappointment. I find Kanemaru to be better suited for junior tags, especially when he plays the heel. The GHC Tag Title match does have potential though. Suzuki and Akiyama have a nice feud going on, and Marufuji is good if he's able to reign himself in.

I'm going to give Misawa vs Kawada the benefit of the doubt, because of a few Kawada performances last year that showed me he still had it. Kobashi vs Sasaki, will be good for heat, but the no selling will be off the charts.

I agree with you about the Skinheads match. That would have been a good nod to continuity.

Morishima/Yone/Shiosaki vs. Taue/Sano/Honda with Morishima picking up the win against one of older guys could wind up being a decent match if everyone has their working boots on. This could also start to set-up Morishima as a title threat for Rikio down the road. Let him face the guy he pinned in a singles match on the next big show.

Tenryu and Ogawa have "seniority" over the champ and his opponent. That's the only reason I could come up with for the shitty match placement.

There's no way NJ is getting NOAH's belt on this show either. It would kill Rikio something fierce and Misawa can't be that cold blooded.

Here's the results for those wondering:

1. Takashi Sugiura, SUWA & Masashi Aoyagi beat Tsuyoshi Kikuchi, Mitsuo Momota & Katsuhiko Nakajima () when SUWA used the FFF on Kikuchi.

2. Mohammed Yone & Takeshi Morishima beat Tamon Honda & Go Shiosaki () when Yone used a Muscle Buster on Shiosaki.

3. Akitoshi Saito, Shiro Koshinaka, Masao Inoue & Kishin Kawabata beat Akira Taue, Takuma Sano, Jun Izumida & Haruka Eigen ()

4. Mushiking Terry Debut Match: Mushiking Terry beat Black Mask ()

5. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title: KENTA beat Yoshinobu Kanemaru © () with the Busaiku Knee Kick to become the 10th champion.

6. GHC Tag Team Title: Minoru Suzuki & Naomichi Marufuji © beat Jun Akiyama & Makoto Hashi (25:55) when Marufuji used an Avalanche-style Shiranui on Hashi. (1st defense)

7. GHC Heavyweight Title: Takeshi Rikio © beat Hiroshi Tanahashi New Japan () with the Muso. (2nd defense)

8. Genichiro Tenryu beat Yoshinari Ogawa () with a lariat.

9. Kenta Kobashi beat Kensuke Sasaki () with a lariat.

10. Mitsuharu Misawa beat Toshiaki Kawada () with a running elbow smash.

Um... Loss just said that.

Anyway, you shouldn't be surprised. It is Misawa's backyard, Kawada is a free agent and not going to be sticking with the company very long and agreed to job. Plus, the mark boys get their "dream" match and something to rabble out for years to come. It doesn't surprise me at all. I think it is more interesting that the last three matches involved a guy hitting the other guy with his arm.

Right.

It would have been nice to see Kawda win. I was posting my thoughts on the matter separate and I could not care less if they mirror Loss's. If you have a problem with that, skip the post.

But, oh the horror, I added "nothing" to the thread. Blow me you fuckin ass.

Man, fuck you.

You already admitted in a previous post that you added nothing to the wrestling folder and with every over-generalized statement and meandering thought, you continue to do so. Prove me wrong and add something of substance. Create a fucking topic. Save the dead weight bullshit for the other boards you post on. Your one sole fucking contribution was a stupid, clearly not thought out, flip-flop on an issue that really should not have been debated because the WWE clearly was in the wrong.

Your post equates to "I agree with Loss" and nothing more. This is the same bullshit that we are critical of other posters for and that used to get CWM raked through the coals. Now step up to the plate and give us some substance... something we were hoping NMB would stand for. Instead, with every post you continue to prove CJ and others (including myself) who feel "That boy doesn't have an original thought in his head". Go ahead... prove me wrong. I would appreciate it and NMB would be better for it.

If you two would prefer to have it out in General Chat, you totally have my blessing. Here, I don't think it's in the right place in case someone comes along who has something specific to say about the NOAH show. I'm not asking anyone to stop, but can you take it somewhere outside of this thread? Thanks.

Guest Mike Campbell

Considering NOAH put 50,000 legit in the dome, I'd say this pretty much cements them as the #1 company in Japan. Sadly, my AOL Dial up prevents me from downloading matches, but I can't wait to see this show. From what I've heard Misawa and Kawada put their work boots on.