Pro Wrestling Only

R.I.P> Matt Bourne

Negro Suave

Ive got many confirmations that Matt Bourne aka the Original Doink the Clown passed away. He had been working the indy scene lately and had done a few seminars. Always a good guy to talk to and a good hand. I don't have the details as to what caused it but he was found by his girlfriend in Texas.

Bad loss....LOVED him everywhere he was - Portland / Texas / WWF / WCW (Big Josh, bad gimmick but man, that fucker could still go..check out vs. Arn 2/3 Falls on TV), Mid-South...

A True legend...really enjoyed his Shoot as well....should be a HOF in some capacity...may not the WWE one, but some should put him in.

One of my top feuds that never really had a payoff was his 1990 USWA Texas feud with Kerry....top notch shit.

RIP Maniac, Doink, Borne Again, Big Josh, Matt Borne....him and Tough Tony can form a devastating Father-Son team wherever they are now.

Jim Duggan painted him out to be a real scumbag in his book. For what it's worth I loved his Big Josh stuff. Him versus Steve Austin from WCW Main Event 9/29/91 was a TV MotYC.

Didnt Duggan say that when they were young and in Mid-South? From what I heard from him later years in his shoot...he seemed fairly honest and genuine...

Matt Borne and Buzz Sawyer were a team I would have LOVED to see against other competition outside 1986 WCCW. Very underrated.

Guest Nell Santucci

My middle school gym coach who was at one point attended many ECW events in the NE told me a story years ago that some guy stiffed the fuck out of Matt Bourne in a table spot because he beat up his girlfriend.

I watched his match last night against Black Blood, the guy from a small town in France (what a horrible, archaic gimmick that'd only come out of the mind of Kevin Sullivan). He seemed like an excellent worker, really.