Pro Wrestling Only

Paul Heyman interview

evilclown

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1772553...omo-and-cm-punk

Interesting discussion on the art of the promo with a comparison to sex that I think jdw might like.

I didn't see comparing promos to sex.

There was the foreplay stuff was in angles and storylines and booking (i.e. Dreamer pinning Raven). Which I thought was kind of an "eh" way of putting something obvious that even internet idiots like us know: of course you need to figure out when to give the fans payoffs to things.

I have to say, not through any fault of your own, I was bored by his answers before I even finished the first one. The best example is the Ross one:

"I think the most honest statement that I can give about Jim Ross's legacy in this industry is blah blah blah nothing nothing nothing zzzzzzzzzz...."

Absolutely fucking useless response on Ross that gives us nothing insightful beyond what we knew. It was kind of like an oil executive asked a question by Congress that he doesn't really want to answer, rambles a bit while looking at the clock out of the corner of his eye to figure out to keep track of when he's run out the clock on this Congressman's time. When you read that, if your eyes don't glaze over or you don't check out to read another article, one thought tends to pop into your head:

"Well if that's Paul's honest statement oh JR, I'd rather read him go off on a dishonest rant instead."

Again, no fault of your own, Jon. It's Paul...

And I can't hammer this enough: it's not you, Jon. You know how many of your articles I've given the thumbs up for and compliments, even ones you've taken shit for. It's Paul, who I continue to find the least interesting and insightful (in terms of what he shares and says) of the Most Interesting Men In Wrestling. :)