Pro Wrestling Only

CMLL PPV Thoughts

goodhelmet

Don't really get why the Canadian Destroyer isn't a martinete, though.

That is strange to me too but I'm not surprised. Mistico also won a number of big matches with a double underhook piledriver a few years back but it was never considered a martinete. When was the last time CMLL did an angle built around a martinete anyway?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it turned into a really great match in the sense I thought it was perfect for those two guys doing a major mask match. Wish that they weren't booked into a corner in terms of the crowd reactions, but by the time the fans decided they were going to side with Volador Jr., it had tremendous actual heat.

I agree with this. They were getting some really great reactions to the near falls for an extended stretch so it clearly worked on some level. In the context of their feud and this being a masked match, I thought the long stretch of big moves & near falls worked. In another context it would have come off as huge overkill but I thought it was fine.

The trios championship match and the Panther/Averno hair match were both pretty great and my favorite two matches of the night, although nothing was that bad. The Ultimo Guerrero & Atlantis mask match is the bigger match which is exactly why you do save it for further down the line when it can be the center place of a major card.

The stream was not as smooth early on as it was last Friday but by the time the big matches rolled around it was running smoothly. For a free stream, I can't complain at all. Much better quality than any US indies that are charging for their live streams.