Pro Wrestling Only

CMLL PPV Thoughts

goodhelmet

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was to surprised with how they worked this match but perhaps it was because of the main event and how that match will be worked. I did like the stuff in the first fall and the third fall built into a great climax. I would have no problems calling this at least very good to great overall.

Panther and Casas worked their hair v. hair a lot like this last year, though that match was better than this one. I think because Panther is a world class maestro there is probably an expectation there.

Yeah that was probably my #3 MOTY behind the first insane Santo tag and Cena/Brock. I guess I just had the expectation of them working that way based on Casas and Panther seeming more maestro style than Averno vs. Panther. I appreciate the learning process that comes with watching more lucha nonetheless.

The Rush/Casas trios was way too short. A shame they couldn't squeeze find those minutes elsewhere in the undercard.

That is the story of their whole feud so far. Sub-fifteen minute trios, with insane pacing and sick levels of violence

Maybe its because I was trying to catch up on some other things at the same time, but that felt like it went by in a flash. Are they building to a hair match there as well?

They did that to milk another huge gate for the Atlantis/UG mask match in March 2014.

Yep. I feared that was a possibility coming into the show which is why I wasn't as pumped about it as others. I am actually not all that much of a fan of Atlantis and I don't like UG much at all, but it was still a match that had some historical value and intrigue to it. Sombra/Volador is just a match I don't care about on any level.

I thought this was a fun show but not spectacular. Main event was pretty wild and though it's not usually the kind of thing I want when watching lucha I was definitely entertained. Blue Panther vs Averno was the match of the night for me though it didn't really reach the level I hoped it would. It's funny that Dave was reporting how old Panther looked when he was the one really busting his ass in that one. I like Averno but he really didn't bring much to the table in that one. Rush vs Casas trios match was violent as hell but I don't think it was as good as some of their other matches this year.

As for the "Fraude" chants, they made for an interesting atmosphere. With Atlantis and Ultimo Guerrero announcing their mask match months before the relevos suicidas match was announced I thought there was a chance we wouldn't get it tonight. At the same time I figured that both Volador and Sombra were more valuable with their masks on.

there were some cool things in that much but overall it was just an overly long US indie match to me. and 3 canadian destroyers?

I thought it was a pretty entertaining spotfest though I probably wouldn't have gone out of my way to watch it if I didn't already have the show on.

I do really hope CMLL keeps doing these streams.

I thought it turned into a really great match in the sense I thought it was perfect for those two guys doing a major mask match. Wish that they weren't booked into a corner in terms of the crowd reactions, but by the time the fans decided they were going to side with Volador Jr., it had tremendous actual heat.

Don't really get why the Canadian Destroyer isn't a martinete, though.

One of the better major shows of the year but it was such a bizarre spectacle as soon as the mask match was determined and the crowd turned on the show. To paraphrase one person on the F4W board: Congratulations, after 80 years you killed the territory.

What an odd show. Everything up until the revelos suicidos match was really good to great. That match was waaaay too quick. I get it that Sombra/Volador were going to long in the main, but still.

They did a great job getting the crowd back into it. It was one of the stiffest flying matches I've seen. They were really knocking the shit out of each other with everything.

Also, I could watch Casas and Rush fight alllll day long.