Pro Wrestling Only

Hell In a Cell

Dylan Waco

The love for Goldust is sad. Yes, he's a great worker when he wants to be, but we're talking about a guy who hasn't been near the main event since 1996, and he was never in the top 4 at at point in WWF's card placement. What that highlights is how badly the company needs new blood. Much of their top talent isn't ready, but if WWE pretended they were ready, we'd see vastly different results. I'd honestly be surprised without a major overhaul if WWE is around 20 years from now. A study of their demographics showcases just how long WWE has been in the early stages of cancer, and it's going to hit the company hard when guys like Undertaker, Rock, and Cena no longer can perform.

Fuck, most of us would rather them push pre-heart attack (and even post maybe) Lawler over the entire roster. Or Finlay. Or Regal. We like old wrestlers who are amazing. We like watching old Wahoo and old Bock in the 80s and plenty of people on the board think the best wrestlers in the world right now are 50+ lucha guys. I don't have WWE stock. I want to watch Dustin Rhodes get a ton of TV time and be awesome. They can screw everything else up but that and honestly? They'd STILL have a better batting average than at other various points of my life.

THIS is it right here. We just like who we like & while I care that WWE is solvant, so that it sticks around and I get current wrestling, I'm not a McMahon and I'm not a shareholder. So basically I want to see 'my guys' and am not worried about the new stars as much.

Damn just thinking about a promotion with Lawler, Regal, Finlay and Dustin on top is awesome. The best thing we've had is 2006 Smackdown/Velocity. We had Benoit/Finlay(Benoit would totally be in the 'old guys that rule boat had he not left the planet) have that killer match @ Judgment Day(not to mention Rey Jr. Main eventing as champion). Then one of my personal favorites, Regal/Finlay @ Great American Bash in a knockdown fight. Sprinkled around are the Benoit/Regal TV matches and then we had the awesome Benoit/Regal No Mercy 2006 PPV match.(Remember Regal bleeding hardway from a headbutt, and Benoit chopping him in the cut? That's what I want).

Yeah I've been on an '06 run this week.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic