Pro Wrestling Only

Where the Big Boys Play #52

It depends where you're coming from with Chad and I being "down" on the Steiners though. Chad has always hated Rick and was down on Scott's sloppiness when he first came in. I just happen to love the big power wrestling and MOVEZ we get to see in a match-up like Doom vs. Steiners.

But so many people out there are like "MAN THE STEINERS AWESOME, BEST TEAM EVER" and from the point of view that neither of us have been like that about them ever, you could say we're down on them.

But if anyone thinks we're down on The Steiners, then The Road Warriors are through the floor and down into hell. I feel we've bashed the Roadies more than just about any podcast out there. I, personally, HATE Hawk and think he's a prick, both as a worker and as a man. One of my least favourite wrestlers.

Regarding the age thing I totally agreee with Meltzer on this. Snuka was 40 in 1983, Johnny Valentine was headlining Mid Atlantic at age 48, Ron Garvin won the NWA title at 42, Brody was 40 in 1986, Bruiser and Crusher were past or at 40 in the late 60's. Dusty was 40 in 1985. Bockwinkel was 54 when he retired. Orndorff was actually 41 when this card took place. Tony Atlas was 40 in 1984.

It depends where you're coming from with Chad and I being "down" on the Steiners though. Chad has always hated Rick and was down on Scott's sloppiness when he first came in. I just happen to love the big power wrestling and MOVEZ we get to see in a match-up like Doom vs. Steiners.

But so many people out there are like "MAN THE STEINERS AWESOME, BEST TEAM EVER" and from the point of view that neither of us have been like that about them ever, you could say we're down on them.

But if anyone thinks we're down on The Steiners, then The Road Warriors are through the floor and down into hell. I feel we've bashed the Roadies more than just about any podcast out there. I, personally, HATE Hawk and think he's a prick, both as a worker and as a man. One of my least favourite wrestlers.

The Steiners to me are kind of like the Dudleys...they were "decorated" by being champions in every promotion and I wasn't usually a mark for the big power guys growing up but I loved the Steiners...The mentally disabled schtick was always silly to me but was never really a turnoff and yes as somebody that was Hawk for Halloween in 1985(I was 7)...I always bite my tongue when listening to your critiques of my "first favorite wrestler"LOL