Pro Wrestling Only

signature line gifs

marrklarr

it's almost impossible for me to focus on the text when there's a hypnotic, repeating image distracting the shit out of me. the worst part is that the guys who have them usually write great posts, so you can't skip over them without missing something.

If you are using the Chrome or Firefox browsers install "Adblock Plus" which is a really nifty browser extension in general, as it blocks ads from most websites as well as no more adverts before videos on Youtube or DailyMotion etc.

Also, you can then block individual images if you wish. Simply right click on an image once Adblock Plus is installed and select "Block Element" and voilà, the image has gone. I did this to block the fantastic, yet distracting gif of Cesaro giant swinging Khali.

I prefer this to the carte blanche approach of blocking all signature images via the board settings.

Hope that helps.

If you have add block installed on Firefox you can usually block specific images with a right click function. This is useful for particularly annoying/offensive avatars or signatures on message boards if you don't want to outright disable those functions.

EDIT: beaten to it. Maybe I should try reading before I respond eh.

• 2 weeks later...

Or you can turn sigs off.

He just wanted a method to block gifs from sigs, not all sigs.

There are some sites that are insanely masturbatory on their giffy sig.files, where it seems like 75% of the posters have created self indulgent epic gifs with every page is more sig.gif than text, and you get to the point where the value/annoyance of them collectively is "turn the fuckers off".

I haven't noticed that as much here. :)

John

Or you can turn sigs off.

He just wanted a method to block gifs from sigs, not all sigs.

There are some sites that are insanely masturbatory on their giffy sig.files, where it seems like 75% of the posters have created self indulgent epic gifs with every page is more sig.gif than text, and you get to the point where the value/annoyance of them collectively is "turn the fuckers off".

I haven't noticed that as much here. :)

John

~! reminds me of this.