Pro Wrestling Only

AJ styles in WWE, would you like to see it?

Sidebottom

Wrestling over the years has proved countless times hat you can have an excellent product with creativity sans major cash. The whole climate of people wanting to run when they should be walking is what screws things up.

Case in point, Memphis used to run for about 3 cents a week and the lads all ate potatoes. Good times!

There are far, far better ways for ROH to spend $300k than employing AJ Styles. Production, lighting, marketing, image, presentation, identity, promotion etc. That is how the promotion is going to grow, if indeed they want it to grow. Sinclair might be happy to have it as a niche product, to attract a small but loyal group of people to their channel.

AJ Styles barely drew for ROH in his prime (he wasn't one of the huge DVD sellers or attendance attractions to recall) so he isn't going to make much of a difference now. He's in that middle ground of not being enough of a super worker for the hardcores, especially at this point in his career, and not being a big enough star for the casual fan to warrant WWE dropping any money on him.

$300,000 is a LOT of money to be throwing around, especially when you're TNA. I don't buy it at all.

You don't believe TNA would do something foolish and fiscally irresponsible? Sounds plausible to me.

I can believe a lot of insanity about TNA. But it is beyond implausible that anyone other than Hogan (and possibly Sting and Hardy) saw that kind of guarantee from them.