Pro Wrestling Only

RAW 7/25 Thread

sek69

How funny/sad is it when HBK can do a better shoot-style promo than people in a storyline based on real-life events. Not to mention the face pops he was getting for saying what most smarks think about Hogan.

Heel HBK > Jeebus Lovin' Babyface HBK any day of the week. I even marked for him bringing back the "lays down for no one" catchphrase.

The only thing that could top this is if Hogan comes out next week and cuts a promo mentioning all the times HBK lost his smile and had to give up a title.

If both guys are willing to play ball, they could out-shoot the real life storyline.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

Cloacous- The common cavity into which the intestinal, genital, and urinary tracts open in vertebrates such as fish, reptiles, birds, and some primitive mammals.

Guest MJHimJfadeaway23

I didn't watch tonight, mainly because last week's show was no different than the one the week before and it was frustrating.

Try to find that HBK promo, it was awesome.

I didn't watch either. I haven't been watching for some time now. I have a theory on why Raw seems to be stuck in neutral gear, to make people long for the days of HHH because when he was around the show actually progressed around him and his storyline. Without him there, everyone is just there and in a holding pattern. Of course this is the paranoid HHH conspiracy theorist talking.

If they would give either Jericho a Cena a victory to make the title match at Summerslam seem like something more than a throwaway match between two midcarders who are there for comedy, that would go a long way. I heard Jericho's "I'm not playing for you! You're BIASED!" was really funny.

I had to stop watching Raw last night. It was just too much to take. I quit watching right around the one hour mark. I got to see HBK come out and talk and the last thing I saw was the announcement of the Eugene Invitational next week. Just when I thought the shitty Angle Invitational was over. :( I knew that the Diva slop was still to come, I didn't care about another gimmick match between Kane/Edge. Ugh.

I think I'm done with Raw. I'll prolly still download Smackdown and catch a "B" show every now and then. It's not like Smackdown is much better though. Especially since they killed off my favorite wrestler. :( Other than that, I'm sticking to ROH downloads and waiting for TNA to hit Spike TV. Actually, I think I'm more excited for the second season of Ultimate Fighter.

Guest EastCoastJ

I very much disliked the Shawn Michaels promo. The internet is raving about it because it's Shawn Michaels putting down Hogan, but it's the same style of promo that everyone hated so much from Kevin Nash, and frankly it was cheap on Michaels behalf. It's not a heel's role to bury the babyface. Piper said in his book that the cardinal rule for cutting a heel promo on a babyface is to not point out their obvious weaknesses or try to convince the crowd not to cheer for them. Michaels shattered that rule, made people feel stupid for cheering Hogan and didn't do his job as a heel. He looked cool and the internet may love him, but a promo like that isn't good for the feud in my opinion and would have been more at home on an episode of Nitro in 1999 where people cared more about getting themselves over than their programs and things were plummeting to the ground.