Pro Wrestling Only

Loss

• 1 year later...

Hardyz vs MNM - Royal Rumble 2007

Man, I forgot Melina was like all boob. Such a small lady with such big breast implants, her and Jillian were the end of an era. This was set up after the infamous TLC match in December of 2006 where Mercury got smashed into the face with the ladder that broke his nose and looked like a murder scene happened on his face. Mercury and Nitro tried to exact revenge with a Snapshot (one of the better tag team finishes) on the concrete, which dislocated Matt's jaw. Mean while Jeff Hardy, the then IC Champ was feuding with Nitro over the IC title.

I'm kinda surprised this gets hyped. It is a perfectly serviceable double face in peril tag. The only notable element would be the cool the jaw psychology used against Matt. Nitro hit a really nice right hand to Matt's jaw to set up the first heat segment. I had just watched the Punk/Morrison match from 2007 and he is better than I remembered. I recalled him working Kofi light, but he was laying in his stuff in both matches maybe he got more gymnastic-y in later years. Mercuy vacillated from good punches to some that missed by a mile. He was totally useless. I have never been high on Matt, just seems like a serviceable worker. He punches Mercury in his surgically reconstructed face to set up Jeff's hot tag. I have always had a soft spot for Jeff and he does bring the excitement. I dug his hot tag even if it is spots I have seen a million times. Nitro gets his legs up on a splash to set up Jeff's heat segment, which is fine. It is more directionless without the the jaw psychology. Again, I was surprised at how well Morrison worked on top. Morrison crashed into Mercury to set up the finish run. Matt actually a pretty fun run of moves. They tease the Snapshot before the Twist of Fate/Swanton Bomb finish. It was an entertaining formula-based tag. I was just left scratching my head about why there is any hype. ***

• 1 year later...

We get a couple of really good FIP segments w/ both of the Hardys, both of those said segments were awesome, in particular I really loved the first one which had Matt Hardy selling his ass off for MNM - great stuff. MNM were really good as the heels constantly cutting off the babyface comebacks until the Hardys got to muster enough of their high energy offense in to defeat them. Truly an underrated tag match I feel. ****

• GSR changed the title to [2007-01-28-WWE-Royal Rumble] Matt & Jeff Hardy vs MNM