Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Charles (Loss)

[2011-01-29-PWG-Kurt Russellreunion 2: The Reunioning] Claudio Castagnoli vs El Generico

Previously at PWO:

Claudio Castagnoli vs El Generico (PWG 01/29/11)

This was a great match, probably my favorite so far. My first time to see El Generico, who I really liked. Claudio was a great base for all of Generico's offense. I loved the backbreaker on the apron spot that gave us Claudio control. Claudio works over Generico's knee and Generico sells it well. I think Generico's good underdog selling and Claudio's unique offense are what makes this work. Again, I'm surprised at how different this is than indy wrestling was in 2006. They aren't really breaking new ground in most of what they're doing, but so what? Both guys are confident in their act, and this has some awesome looking spots, a nice basic narrative and gets the crowd involved. What's not to love?

I really liked this, aside from the spot where Generico no-sold the uppercut and did the running boot. Generico had been selling the knee so well that it just seemed out of place. Other than that this was really smartly worked, and serves as another example of how great these two work together.