Pro Wrestling Only

Have a coke, and a smile, and SHUT THE FUCK UP

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

Marty's firing after the '93 Rumble had nothing to do with Shawn going to Vince. Marty was found passed out in the locker room. Marty said he was just sleeping, but it was felt it was due to drink and/or drugs, and he was fired.

They made two major mistakes with Batista last night; he sold too much for Snitsky, and he didn't get a pin. They were ok with Snitsky doing a clean job to Benjamin who is stuck in an almost meaningless tag match at WM, but won't let the guy who is headlining the thing get a pin ?

Snitsky looked like he had an alergic reaction to something. He had splotches all over his body.

Shelton does need to win the Ladder match, and I want him to, but I don't think he is.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Some Guy

Marty's firing after the '93 Rumble had nothing to do with Shawn going to Vince. Marty was found passed out in the locker room. Marty said he was just sleeping, but it was felt it was due to drink and/or drugs, and he was fired.

I was going by what Marty said in an interview and it seemed pretty beleivable given Shawn's reputation at the time.

Man, I don't know what else to say about Raw. I mean, you take away the surprise factor of Jake Roberts and Marty Jannetty and it was, I'd say, below average.

Let's look at Roberts and Jannetty though.

Jake came out, sounded terrible, and had very jargled words. He sounded like he was either drunk or had throat cancer. It took awhile for me to figure out what he was saying, but eventually, when you got past all of that, it wasn't that bad of a promo. Jake was coming off as the heel, but the fans, obviously, gave their support to him over Orton. I don't know if it's because of nostalgia factor or if because no one wants to see Orton go over UT and end his streak at Wrestlemania.

Still, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't mark out for Jake. Regardless of what he looked or sounded like, it was still cool to see him again. You can't deny that he did the right thing either. He came out, cut a promo, and then took Orton's finisher and sold it.

I was disappointed that I didn't get to see either a DDT or the actual Snake though.

It just seems like WWE is going backwards with Randy Orton. He's so bland and everything seems so forced. His most recent push was aborted as HHH went over him clean at Royal Rumble. Now he's going back to his "Legend Killer" gimmick? Next thing you know, he'll be a heel again and cutting more RNN segments. Of course, dare I say, that'd be more entertaining than what he's doing right now.

Marty Jannetty? I guess it was cool to see him. His wrestling attire definitely got some chuckles out of me. Too bad Shawn didn't still have something like that which he could've worn down to the ring. That would've been hilarious.

Jannetty actually looked pretty good. Especially during the early stages of the match. HBK and Jannetty both botched their kip-ups, but with their age, I won't complain about that too much.

I don't think I want him sticking around for the long haul however. I'm pretty sure that him and HBK just got back together on Raw to show that they're still friends. Now Angle can kill him on Smackdown. Maybe throw him through a Barbershop window again?

Outside of that, Raw didn't do a whole lot. We got to see Christian & Tomko against Kane. I felt like it was a waste of Christian...and then he left the match. Great. It left us with two lumbering giants. Tomko was falling down after hitting big boots, and Kane was winning handicap matches. Ugh. I seriously hope that fucking Kane doesn't win that ladder match at Wrestlemania.

Come to think of it, I don't want to watch Kane and Batista wrestle next week either. It seems like WWE/HHH (for the conspiracy theorists) don't want Batista to succeed. Why book him in constant matches leading up to Wrestlemania? Why make him sell and look weak for ANYONE, let alone fucking Snitsky. The same Snitsky that lost clean to Shelton Benjamin a week or two ago as HTQ pointed out.

I so don't care about Trish Vs. Christy that it's sad. The worst part is that you know Christy is going to win the title at Wrestlemania. If I cared about the women's division at all, that would make me sad. Instead it makes me sad for Trish because she's obviously worked hard. What has Christy done? Posed nude? Stuck a pie in her ass? C'mon.

We got to see all of the ladder match competitors in at least some form on Monday. So, I guess that's good. Too bad they were all in throw away matches that were forgotten as soon as they ended. It doesn't matter if they pull out ladders or not. If they get booked into a match at the beginning of the show, then wrestle the match on the show, and end the match on the show, next show, no one cares.

I'd be lying if I said I expected more out of the Triple H/Benoit match. It was what it was. A Raw match with very little hype and Triple H going over. We all knew that's what it would be. Each wrestler hit their signature spots, and that's all there was to it.

Just seemed like a mediocre Raw to me. Sure, they threw in a couple of guest appearances, but when we're getting this close to Wrestlemania, you know they're going to pull out some shit. I just wish the content in between the surprised was better.

I'm not really liking the way that the Wrestlemania card is looking. Kane was thrown into the ladder match, and that really upsets me. JBL/Cena doesn't matter to me at all. Batista/HHH isn't going to be a wrestling clinic. Christy/Trish is a joke. It's looking, to me, like the card will live and die with HBK/Angle. They're both badly beaten up though....

Guest Cam Chaos

Marty looked good, Jake looked fucking terrible. You can tell all the alcohol and smoking crack has ruined his vocal chords. I think the fact Orton was disrespecting Taker where as Jake was respectful and trying to warn him made jake the face. Plus a face Legend Killer doesn't work. You are meant to hate some so smug and disrespectful. It was different with Austin; he just didn't give a shit about anyone. Randy clearly gives a shit about wanting to be a legend and defeat Taker and thusly him beating down Jake made him the heel. Otherwise people wouldn't have wanted to see him DDT'd.

Janetty on the other hand looked pretty good, kip up spot aside. I don't think many 45 year olds would even try to do that, mind you.

Christian looked like a pussy.

Shelton looked f'n weak against Edge, getting jumped, counted while the ref was down, and needing Jericho to help him. Between his inability to beat Snitsky and needing everything but an Ak-47 to put Edge down, he's being made to look a prize chump rather than worthy champ. He got the belt at Taboo Tuesday by fan vote and Vince raves about giving the fans what they want, but he gets treated like an afterthought barely able to keep his title. Total bullshit, in my opinion.

Christy's got naked, she's done what she got signed for, now get off her TV. She even blew a line in the WM skit when she asked Kurt about what moves he would use. I'll admit the skit was funny, but when even recorded promos show her inability to deliver lines right, it's time to just use her for Diva specials and jizz mags. I can't see her working a decent match when she's dumb as a post and couldn't even pull off the reverse twist of fate right when it was the only move she had to do in last week's skit, so they might as well just make use of what little good she has to offer.

I think by now people should accept that whoever gets pushed is going to get derailed eventually as the focus of RAW will remain on HHH, regardless of who actually has the world title, and that whoever is built up will eventually get knocked down when they don't draw because they aren't pushed as the top star and main focus. Happened to Jericho, happened Benoit, happened to Orton, will probably happen to Batista.

Kane vs Batista wasn't that good 18 months ago, I doubt it will be much better next week.

It's funny HHH got his win back to the very day that he jobbed last year. I find that hard to be mere coincidence, especially since they highlighted the fact with video packages. I bet Benoit feels on top of the world having been shuffled back down the card now HHH has had his kick of good matches with him. I wonder if Eddie or Angle will get drafted to RAW next.

They did a great job in making Jannetty look a somewhat credible threat for Angle. I wouldn't really like seeing Jannetty back full time from a viewing standpoint as the match was made that much better by knowing it was a one-off, the novelty would wear off really quickly. That said, the guy deserves to make a living.

When Christy met Angle = best WM21 commercial so far. Hands down.

Kane/Batista next week. They really coulda saved this for a nice summer feud, you all saw a few months ago how the crowd ate it up when the two of them went face to face in the Battle Royal.