Pro Wrestling Only

[1981-10-06-AJPW-Giant Series] Dory & Terry Funk vs Umanoseke Ueda & Buck Robley

Loss

• 2 years later...

Well I'm looking forward to the Brody/Dory match that happens three days after this. This match was pretty fun at times, and eventually gets out of control. I guess the real story is Brody runs out in the end and delivers a knee drop onto the throat of what seems to be a Funk family member. Possibly Dory Funk's son? The kid is pretty young and he is bleeding from the mouth and looks unconscious. Terry looked PISSED. Pretty crazy...

• 4 months later...

This was/is on the DVDVR Top 150 of the AJ 80's...whew that's a mouthful...anyhow it's near the bottom. So, my expectations were super low which I've found is an awesome place to be in! If this is the worst on the list then I really ought to see the other low end stuff! The Funks were in effect as always and Ueda (from 3/26/86 NJPW fame) and Buck Robley were just great cheatin' mid-carders. Like most great Funk matches the brawl after the match was as good or better than the actual bout. Really enjoyed this one. Great match

• GSR changed the title to [1981-10-06-AJPW-Giant Series] Dory & Terry Funk vs Umanoseke Ueda & Buck Robley