Pro Wrestling Only

Mexico 90s nominations

Loss

Use this thread to nominate matches you've seen that you think are good that would fit in this category. We'll keep this and all other topics open for the remainder of the year so you can add matches anytime you come across something you see that you like.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

Eddie Guerrero and Art Barr v El Hijo Del Santo and Octagon - AAA When Worlds Collide

El Hijo del Santo, Super Calo, Lizmark Jr, Hector Garza, Konnan, Rey Misterio Sr, La Parka and El Dandy v Silver King, Psicosis, Juventud Guerrera, Villano 4, Villano 5, Halloween, Damien and Zandokan (elimination) - Promo Azteca, October 29th 1997

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

Is that the infamous match that caused Dave Meltzer to write the long, detailed match review about how insane Psicosis is? I've only heard about that, never read it, and wondered if it was the same one.

No. I think the match you're talking about is their first match in January, which Meltzer said was, "psychotic, totally lacking in psychology". It featured a ladder, and they both, but mainly Psicosis, did a bunch of wild spots with it, including a moonsault by Psicosis from the top of the ladder onto Ultraman who was on a table. Psicosis fell short, and didn't hit it right, and instead of selling, Psicosis was so pissed, he got right back up, went back up the ladder, and splashed Ultraman.

Guest Famous Mortimer

Is that the infamous match that caused Dave Meltzer to write the long, detailed match review about how insane Psicosis is? I've only heard about that, never read it, and wondered if it was the same one.

No. I think the match you're talking about is their first match in January, which Meltzer said was, "psychotic, totally lacking in psychology". It featured a ladder, and they both, but mainly Psicosis, did a bunch of wild spots with it, including a moonsault by Psicosis from the top of the ladder onto Ultraman who was on a table. Psicosis fell short, and didn't hit it right, and instead of selling, Psicosis was so pissed, he got right back up, went back up the ladder, and splashed Ultraman.
That sucks, because I realised I have the March match on a Barnett DVD. But not the January match :(

• 1 month later...

Santo vs. Casas (mask vs. hair), 9/19/97

Although I haven't seen a ton of Lucha, this stands out as the best. Not quite as flashy as their '87 L.A. match but much more hate filled and dramatic. The UWF-style submission work that they integrate throughout is fantastic, too. A must-see!