Pro Wrestling Only

Cade and Murdoch

sek69

I saw them wrestle at the House Show I went to a couple weeks ago. They went over Mike Mizanin/Chris Cage. They played the stereotypical southern cowboy heels. They were hinting at a gay type angle last night, but there was no sign of that at the house show. As for their work, really basic stuff.

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

In classic WWE fashion they look to be going over-the-top with their stereotypical rednecks rather than taking a more subtle approach. I like the look of the two, and I like their basic characteristics. But stuff like "I'm gonna make you squeal" is not needed. It makes Murdoch a comedy character, a parody, and a gimmick, rather than a wrestler who happens to be from the south. I like the idea of a quiet, no-nonsense, ass-kickin, redneck teamin up with a flashy, cocky, blabber-mouth. It's a nice team dynamic. You have the cocky guy say stuff to get the team in trouble, and you have the redneck having to save his ass. The redneck says "yip" "alright" "let's fight" and generally lets his facial expressions (or lack thereof) sell it. On the surface it appears Cade is the leader of the team, but in reality he's terrified of Murdoch. The matches could consist of Cade doing all these flashy moves and smiling a lot, admiring his skills, and then tags in Murdoch who just brawls and stomps the shit out of his opponents. I don't think a team like that should be doing lots of double-team moves, and generally Murdoch should get the finishing blow while Cade makes the pin and celebrates. Murdoch, of course, would already be into the booze.