Pro Wrestling Only

[2014-01-05-NOAH] KENTA vs Takeshi Morishima

Loss

• 2 months later...

There isn't a whole lot for me to say about this match, because if you do not like two men beating the hell out of each other then you are dead to me. These two put it all on the line and had a great pro wrestling match. I have been building my 2014 MTOY list by watching matches in order and this is a firm second place to start the year. ****1/4

• GSR changed the title to [2014-01-05-NOAH] KENTA vs Takeshi Morishima
  • 1 year later...

Takeshi Morishima is a beast on top. Love Morishima because he offers something different offensively compared to the rest of the roster. His clubbing shots were great, he uses his weight and size very well. At one point he was able to turn a simple slam (as a counter to a KENTA move) and make it into an impactful game changing move. I like KENTA but he really didn’t do much to make me root for him. This is where he lacks compared to Marufuji. He is superb offensively but he doesn’t connect emotionally for me and he didn’t here either. With that being said, the finishing stretch was pretty nuts. A better KENTA performance and this would’ve been better. Morishima was excellent though. He brought it big for his title win.  ***3/4