Pro Wrestling Only

Benoit vs Jordan next week on Smackdown

Resident Evil

Benoit vs Jordan is scheduled for next week's Smackdown.

Well, enough is enough. Yes, Jordan wasn't the best US champ ever but he doesn't deserve to get buried like this. Is there anything coming out of this?

You know they could be thinking of doing another swerve like they did at the last Smackdown PPV and having Jordan win again just because everybody thinks he won't. I don't know. Does anyone else know?

Edit -- Isn't Benoit on the cover of the Smackdown mag as US champ? That would seem to dictate he's not losing the belt for a little while yet.

Gilmore Girls is really inturrupting this thread here!

I am more interetse din the cage match. Fuck the naysayers. I have enjoyed the hell out of the Eddie-Rey feud. While harldy any of the matches have matched Halloween Havoc 97 greatness ( and really, how could they?) I would take 100 Rey-Eddie matches over 9/10 of any other matchup anyday of the week. Hell, the feud is barely 8 months old, but in this day and age, that is too long. WTF?

Guest The Metal Maniac

I wouldn't be so anxious for the Eddie/Rey feud to end, if Eddie actually WON SOMETIMES.

It just annoys me to no end that he keeps on losing to him. Why have a feud go that long if one guy is already shown to be inferior?

Eddie not winning is the storyline so I don't see how that can be that much of a problem. Eddie losing against Rey hasn't hurt him in the slightest, whilst Rey has only got stronger over the past year. Thier feud has produced some good to real good matches with none of them being bad.

I'm also fearful of Benoit losing the US Title next week. I don't think there was any need for Benoit to win this week.

Guest The Metal Maniac

Eddie not winning is the storyline so I don't see how that can be that much of a problem.

Because it makes the feud tedious. Why should I want to see Eddie lose again and again and again? If there was at least a few wins for Eddie, the whole thing wouldn't be so predictable.

Because it makes the feud tedious. Why should I want to see Eddie lose again and again and again? If there was at least a few wins for Eddie, the whole thing wouldn't be so predictable.

The whole point of it I guess is for whenever Eddie does eventually beat Rey it becomes a big deal. Rey having Eddie's number is the sole reason why Eddie turned heel and is the story of the feud. I don't find it boring as they are having good matches with one another and I'm always guessing whether Eddy will actually get the win.

Guest The Metal Maniac

But the problem with that is that it means that they're essentially booking backwards. Generally, you want the heel to win the lead-up matches, so the face can win the final match and send everyone home happy.

What they're doing is exactly the opposite, which is bizarre. Assuming Eddie eventually wins, of course.

In regards to Eddy/Rey, I applaud WWE for doing something different and establishing one guy as better than the other by having him win almost every time they wrestle. One of the biggest problems with WWE booking is that guys are constantly trading wins, so no one is ever really elevated. The feud probably hasn't done Eddy any favors, but it's sure helped Rey.