Pro Wrestling Only

Labor Day RAW thread

sek69

Well it seems like the Jesus Push is on for Chris Masters, I don't know if he's going to get over, but it won't be from lack of trying.

Two matches in, Ashley's credibility is shot with her Gayda-like performance. Not like Torrie can carry anyone to a watchable match, but Ashley was blowing basic spots to an embarrassing level.

Carlito vs Flair? Kinda weird seeing Ric compete for the IC title, even in this stage of his career, but at least Carlito's future over-ness is in good hands.

Guest Cam Chaos

I don't get why seasoned workers like Kid Kash and CM Punk get sent to the minors while "divas" that can't wrestle get TV time even though they haven't "learned how to work".

There's a reason that the Raw threads, here at NMB (cheap pop) are so mediocre. It's because the actual shows are that mediocre.

Last nights show was an abomination. There were several matches, which is one of the things that "smarks" have clamored for, yet they were all AWFUL. We had Tomko Vs. Cena. I had to laugh at how awful Tomko's knee strikes were. Ashley Vs. Torrie, who thought that was a good idea? There was just a ton of sloppy, dreadful, quick matches that didn't have a whole lot of content or meaning. Just, apparently, groundwork to build to the next forgetable PPV. The Hurricane & Rosey Vs. Murdoch & Cade. Was their TV debut announced? It was certainly bad, so I hope it wasn't. Rob Conway Vs. Shelton? Kerwin comes out to start a feud with Shelton? Why is all of this going on? Val/Vis team to wrestle the Heart Throbs. I think this match got the most time too. At least it seemed like it did because the match just. would. not. end. Hardy Vs. Snitky? This, apparently, advanced Edge Vs. Hardy & Big Show Vs. Snitsky.

Throw in a Cabana and a Masterlock Challenge main event and that was the whole show.

So, the next PPV is shaping up to be the following:

Kerwin Vs. Shelton

Cade/Murdoch Vs. Hurricane/Rosey with the new team winning the belts.

Shelton Vs. Flair for the IC belt.

HBK Vs. Masters

Something with the Divas. Prolly Ashley "getting revenge" by Trish coming back.

Edge Vs. Hardy cage match

Show Vs. Snitsky

Angle Vs. Cena for the WWE title.

Is anyone going to pay for this? Thirty-five bucks for this?

Guest Cam Chaos

Kerwin comes out to start a feud with Shelton? Why is all of this going on? [/i]?

If it's not white, it's not right. Shelton is black. You figure it out. I'm guessing HHH probably suggested this.

Cade/Murdoch Vs. Hurricane/Rosey with the new team winning the belts

I like the team on first impressions, but I just wish WWE would build up tag teams and leave them together for a considerable amount of time before giving them the belts/splitting them up

I don't know if anyone taped RAW (or if they did, haven't destroyed the tape yet) but on another board I happened across they said it looked like Hurricane might have accidentally knocked Murdoch loopy with a clothesline and that's why the end of their match looked out of sync.

Ok, it just me, or is it terribly funny that Hurricane knocked Murdoch out?

And WWE just sucks. I can't stand it at all anymore, its so bland, nothing seems right and its overexposed.

I realized watching the show this week just how MUCH rebuilding needs to be done. It's a pretty tall order. Angle/Cena, which has actually had a halfway decent buildup, won't drum up a bit of interest because everyone knows the reset button will be hit after the PPV and all will be forgotten. Angle/Cena already happened at No Way Out this year and it's happened on PPV many times. There's no effort to make fresh matches and no remembrance of their own feuds from earlier this year. I really wish they'd learn to pay attention to their own storylines.

Guest bravesfan

Well it seems like the Jesus Push is on for Chris Masters, I don't know if he's going to get over, but it won't be from lack of trying.

Well, thankfully they're not really trying to push the wrestler, just the signature move.

It's going to be a while before he gets over himself, so until then, he needs to keep the Masterlock gimmick going. The best example is from Monday's show: the crowd took a collective crap on his entrance, but were eager to cheer everything after he put the hold on. For the cherry on top, they stopped reacting to anything after he hit Shawn with the chair.

I don't know if anyone taped RAW (or if they did, haven't destroyed the tape yet) but on another board I happened across they said it looked like Hurricane might have accidentally knocked Murdoch loopy with a clothesline and that's why the end of their match looked out of sync.

Yeah, a few people on TSM tried to say that he was blown up. No fucking way. Hurricane botched a clothesline and knocked Murdoch loopy. He was stumbling over the ropes and couldn't keep his eyes on Hurricane for their irish-whip sequence. Additionally, on the finishing spot, he spent about 3x the time keeping his balance on the turnbuckle then he did getting there.

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

Yeah, a few people on TSM tried to say that he was blown up. No fucking way. Hurricane botched a clothesline and knocked Murdoch loopy. He was stumbling over the ropes and couldn't keep his eyes on Hurricane for their irish-whip sequence. Additionally, on the finishing spot, he spent about 3x the time keeping his balance on the turnbuckle then he did getting there.

You know those are also signs of being gassed, right?

I'll take a fat guy getting winded over a lil guy knocking him loopy.

Is is just me, or is Vince trying to re-create Paul Orndorff with Chris Masters?

There's a lot of rebuilding to be done with this company. It won't ever happen though, unless Vince changes his mindset, which means the writing team as well does the same.

Guest bravesfan

Everything that's been said is really a guess, but I'm going to attempt to break it down:

1. Murdoch doesn't look like he's gassed when Cade tags him in. He runs at Helms, then slows down to give him the first shot.

2. When Helms jumps up to strike him, he gives him a hard-ass clothesline with the inside of his bicep. If you slow it down, Murdoch eats the whole thing with his chin.

3. When Helms attemps to pick him up, he's dragging his feet, stumbles to set up the irish-whip sequence.

4. Helms allows him to reverse the irish-whip, but Murdoch barely puts him in the right direction, not even LOOKING in the right-direction when he whips him into the turnbuckle.

5. When they go back to the other side of the ring, Murdoch isn't dragging up to the ropes, he's stumbling around while Helms tries to get ahold of him.

6. As I said, he quickly gets up to the top rope, but spends about 6-7 seconds balancing himself for the bulldog.

Draw your own conclusions. In my opinion, the odds of Helms knocking him loopy with that clothesline (watch it again if you must) are better than Murdoch gassing. If ANYTHING, Murdoch could've gassed from the double-suplex on Rosey (his last sequence before the hot tag), because he was moving quick and deliberately before that spot.