Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling Music Videos

goc

Something that's sadly missing from wrestling today is a good music video to put over a new talent or encapsulate a feud. Sure, some of the videos you look back at from the 80s and 90s look absolutely ridiculous today but some of them still hold up. What do people think are some of the best & worst wrestling music videos?

A personal favorite of mine is this video for Austin Idol vs. Jerry Lawler set to Bob Seger's Famous Final Scene.

I have always had a soft spot for the Flair vs. Steamboat Wrestle War "Final Countdown" music video. It is not a technically well produced video by 1989 standards or any other standards, but I thought the video was effective hype nonetheless. Whoever put it together at least hit on the big spots of their feud/matches to that point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQkbNawgiw4

I love the Final Countdown one too.

By the way, my e-book will have a full index of every wrestling video to air in any promotion in the entire 1990s (to the best of my knowledge -- and I'm pretty confident), listing the original air date, promotion, show, artist, title and subject of the video (be it a wrestler, a feud, etc.)

I actually liked the "You can hate me now" video for the Miz at Mania 27. It helps that I'm a huge Nas fan but nonetheless.

Didn't think of this one but yes, this was actually a very well done video. It managed to get me pumped to watch The Miz vs. John Cena as a WrestleMania main event. Didn't last long. It's unfortunate that Mania is about the only time that WWE does music videos with real songs.