Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-08-17-WWF-Raw] DX vs The Nation (Street Fight)

Loss

• 2 months later...

This was a pretty good brawl. Rock is much better in the ring at this point than I used to give him credit for. He and HHH work really hard. Jeff Jarrett and Southern Justice get involved and Jarrett even cuts off some of X-Pac's hair. Back in the ring, The Nation are left alone with HHH and work him over. HHH is bleeding from the mouth, and it actually looks like he might have bled hardaway from the mouth. Everyone involved just leaves the match instead of someone doing a job, which is odd.

• 1 month later...

I appreciated people wearing street clothes. This felt like a good worthy blowoff to the Nation and DX feud with Nation coming out on top. Good pan shots and stiff shots all around. Billy Gunn is busted hardway and HHH bleeds and gets beat down with a ladder by the Rock. I enjoyed Jarrett coming down and beating up XPAC setting up their hair match at SummerSlam. The Rock looks really strong as the segment closes. (***)

• 1 year later...

Pretty stiff fight--nothing fancy, but not boring and certainly heated. Eventually most of DX gets into it with Jeff Jarrett & Southern Justice on the floor, leaving Triple H to be beaten into oblivion by the Nation. Weird not to have HHH eat the pin after all that, but I guess it was rare enough to see DX get totally laid out as they did here.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-08-17-WWF-Raw] DX vs The Nation (Street Fight)