Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-10-12-WWF-Raw] Steve Austin and Vince McMahon

Loss

• 2 months later...

Here it is - the famous segment where Austin fills Vince's Corvette with cement. I think WWE kept that for display purposes. I love the moment when the glass breaks.

Austin follows by coming out for a promo, but Vince comes out with police and K-9 dogs. Austin gets uncomfortably close to them, but I think he's just trying to keep them riled up so the segment looks cool. Vince ends up making the Austin/Rock vs Undertaker/Kane main event, but I'm distracted by the dogs barking. This could have gone very wrong if one of the dogs broke free. Vince also warns Austin that he'll need eyes in the back of his head at some point tonight and goes into a great agonizing promo recapping all the things Austin did to him the week before.

"YOU VIOLATED ME, AUSTIN! YOU VIOLATED ME!" - Vince in reference to the enema thing the week before

This is where Vince also has the great line, "I've got balls the size of grapefruits! And this Sunday, you'll be picking the seeds out of your teeth!"

Vince is amazing here.

• 1 month later...

Vince is on another level and kind of breaking his run in May which I didn't think was possible. The Corvette getting filled up is iconic and we have had so many iconic moments the last few weeks. That was really smart of Austin to rile up the dogs and the promo Vince delivers is one of the best of the year. I loved all of this.

• 1 year later...

Austin wreaking in havoc in various vehicles seems like something that should get old, but it never, ever does. Everyone sells the angle great--Lawler's squealing is for once a perfectly appropriate reaction.

Austin comes out and basically tells us that he won't declare a winner at Judgment Day. McMahon is out in a motorized cart, flanked by a big dude in a mask and SWAT uniform, and I think I know where this is leading. Vince cuts Austin off with a flank of guard dogs--"You were saying...?" Vince makes the main event, and it's a big one, with Austin and Rock teaming up for the first time. Vince tries to continue and you can barely hear him over the "ASSHOLE" chants--wild. Chicago was a pretty hot Nitro crowd but it pales in comparison to this. Vince laments what has happened in his life over the past few weeks--due to his crushed ankle, he may never play polo again! This is hot hot HOT.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-10-12-WWF-Raw] Steve Austin and Vince McMahon