Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-10-19-WCW-Nitro] Chris Jericho and DDP

Loss

• 2 months later...

Jericho is livid because he's beaten Goldberg three times and he's not getting any acknowledgment for it. He challenges Goldberg to come out so he can knock the hair off of his head. Jericho addresses DDP, who he calls Pah-jay, who he says has his rightful title shot. DDP interrupts him, calling him "Jerkico". Ralphus tries to provide security and DDP kicks him away. DDP tells him if he's going to run his mouth, they are having a match. Good to see Jericho mixing it up with a major player, but we know how this ends.

• 1 month later...

Jericho was getting major face pops here coming out. He has been screwed by not being acknowledged that he is 3-0 against Greenberg. Page comes out and offers a challenge to Jericho and gets the crowd back on the correct side of the fence in the face/heel dynamic. I loved him kicking away Ralphus. I could have seen Page vs. Jericho as a good feud after the Goldberg Havoc match.

• 1 year later...

Oh, that's what the UNICEF reference was about--Goldberg was doing something with them. Jericho takes this opportunity to issue another challenge--"I will knock the hair right off your head, jerky!" He then gets offended that DDP wants to challenge for Goldberg's title and not Jericho's Unified World TV title. DDP responds with words for "Jerkicho." I'm on board with this as a match, no question.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-10-19-WCW-Nitro] Chris Jericho and DDP