Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-11-16-WCW-Nitro] Goldberg and Bam Bam Bigelow

Loss

• 2 months later...

Bam Bam Bigelow debuts in WCW, wreaking havoc in the backstage area and demanding Goldberg. He storms into his dressing room but he's nowhere to be found. Gene Okerlund is trying to figure out what's going on. Bigelow ends up walking out in front of the live crowd. He destroys Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Scott Putski, who are in the middle of a match (I always HATE that sort of thing) and then gets on the house mic and tells Goldberg to get his ass out there. Eric Bischoff, JJ Dillon and security show up to throw him out. Bigelow is a great opponent for Goldberg. Police fill the ring and are ready to arrest Bigelow when Goldberg runs to the ring and the crowd goes insane. This closes with Bischoff demanding to see JJ in the back immediately. He ends up firing him on the spot for letting this happen and JJ he can't be fired because "I quit". They talk about how Bischoff brought JJ in and gave him an opportunity, which is not at all what the storyline was. How did Bischoff regain power over WCW affairs since 1997 anyway? That aside, this is the best Nitro segment in months. Awesome way to debut Bam Bam.

• 1 month later...

Bigelow shows up in a hurry backstage and is wreaking havoc throwing stuff around and demanding Goldberg. Gene tries to keep up but is fearful. I did like Bigelow interrupting this match because it gets over the "he isn't hired" gimmick. JJ and Bischoff come down together to assess the situation and try to reason with Bigelow. Goldberg and Bigelow going toe to toe with all of security separating them has a buzz that has been missing for a while. Bischoff tries to fire JJ after all of this but JJ quits. This was tremendous and made me question whether Goldberg vs. Bigelow at Starrcade should have happened.

• 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1998-11-16-WCW-Nitro] Goldberg and Bam Bam Bigelow