Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-11-30-WWF-Raw] Steve Austin, Kane and Paul Bearer

Loss

• 3 months later...

Kane ends up finding Undertaker and brawling with him in the back. They put Kane in a bodybag when Austin comes from behind and pelts Undertaker with a shovel, even knocking the end of it off completely.

After a break, Kane and Austin drag Paul Bearer to the ring. They tease that they are about to douse Paul Bearer in gasoline and Austin starts cutting his shirt open. Austin teases stabbing Paul in the stomach with a pair of scissors. They end up dragging him outside the building and tease throwing him in a sewer. They actually throw him in and seal it shut! What an awful, awful, awful segment. This iteration of the feud has been the worst thing all year, even worse than any of the WCW feuds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't want to see any more of Undertaker vs. Kane, though I admit I liked the visual of Austin sneaking up on Undertaker and finally laying him out with the shovel. Missed on the disc but explained to us by the announcers, they somehow got another Kane mask and put it on the Undertaker, and when Bearer brought the orderlies back, they ended up carting *him* to the institution and not Kane. Probably too clever by half. The in-ring segment is awful and does in fact sort of contradict my earlier contention that the embalming was semi-erased from history, as for all their downplaying of it in the first segment, it's rehashed here in all its glory. The sewer climax is whatever--compared to where this segment was headed, it's probably not such a terrible payoff.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-11-30-WWF-Raw] Steve Austin, Kane and Paul Bearer