Pro Wrestling Only

Greatest Masked Wrestlers

JerryvonKramer

Mr, Wrestling II , the great Johnny " Rubber Man " Walker . i saw Johnny Walker wrestle in Memphis in the early 1970's . He is one of the best in ring talents in the history of wrestling . Johnny feuded against the likes of The Interns and the late , great Don Greene . Walker had been wrestling since the 1950's . He was suffering for male pattern baldness and was beginning to age . In other words he looked like Verne Gagne.

When , Jerry Jarrett took over the Atlanta booking , he created the Mr. Wrestling II gimmick for Walker. If I remenber correctly the Atlanta . Mr. Wrestling was Tim Woods . Later Dick Steinborn was Mr. Wrestling in Memphis. So Walker , a 20 plus year vet , took the Mr. Wrestling II gimmick and explode on TBS as a new talent . . I believe he worked in Georgia , Florida , Southeastern , Mis- South and the Mid- Atlantic areas as Wrestling II . The II character drew a lot of money and gave a 20 year vet another 15 plus years of earning main event money. The Wrestling II character hit cable in it's infancy . Almost none of the fans knew the man behind the mask was over 50 years old.. Just guys like me who got the Wrestling News every month .