Pro Wrestling Only

Benoit/Eddy/Rey/JBL/Christian/Batista added to RAW

Loss

Think about it. They knew about this show for months and this is the best effort they could put forth. This was a horribly rushed show and it honestly looked like they needed 4 hours instead of 3. They had months to book this show and it seemed like they thought they could just have all these names out there and that would be enough. Vince and co. really seem to have forgotten how to run a wrestling company.

Guest KingPK

I actually had some interest in watching the show outside of the ladder match, but as soon as Orton hit the ring, I was right back to Spike. Also, Candace Michelle might just be the most usless "worker" since Jackie Gayda. And Trish didn't even lose her top? BOO. By the way, the ladder match had some neat spots (the flapjack spot, the spot where Matt lauched Edge into the ladder in the corner leading to Edge pushing Matt off, and the ending) but the commercial break murdered it.

Yeah, I'm willing to bet this show started with a big rating, but it probably steadily fell off as the show went on. Thing is, since SD is probably done soon, RAW might be going to 3 hours permanently.

Guest godthedog

i haven't watched raw in a very long time, and haven't followed the boarding around it, so this may be a really stupid observation, but:

john cena has evolved into COMPLETELY ripping off the rock. his entrance is like EXACTLY the same. he does the same little things to get the crowd into it (not just the 5-knuckle shuffle). strangely, it kinda works, even though he doesn't have the rock's sense of timing.

i only caught the last 2 hours, but sweet jesus was this a boring ass show. soooooooooo muuuuuuuuuch wasted time, especially on intros and shit.

the austin/mcmahons segment is one of the most painful things i've ever seen from beginning to end. there was no drama, no suspense, no surprise, nothing funny. at all.

the flair/trips thing was fine. the beatdown went on a little too long, but it was a good idea.

ladder match was rushed, but good enough. hardy & edge really aren't capable of conveying any depth to a match, but they tried their damnedest, and it was entertaining.

the smackdown segment was a complete waste. you just DO NOT go through all the intros like that and cut the match off completely without giving us some kind of satisfying payoff (and the finale was not a payoff).

legends/conway segment was fucking useless. did nothing, was terribly written, terribly executed.

bischoff was on the show way too much. angle could've been included by the end in some way that DIDN'T involve a stupid "eric wants a no-DQ stip" story.

bra & panties match was fine. did what it was supposed to do, and at least it wasn't boring.

what really hurt the show, above and beyond any individual segment, was that they just didn't mete out the time properly. dragged in all the places that it shouldn't have, felt rushed in all the wrong places. just a piss poor, very unprofessional management of time that made the whole presentation feel very bush league and like they didn't know what they were doing. it astonishes me that this company can have such fantastic advertising and video departments, and still be so inept on basic presentation. if you're gonna put fucking posters all over new york next to posters of "the 4400" and "flightplan" and shit, you'd better make sure that your product looks as professional as those do. this did not.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

I was'nt thrilled with the outcome but I liked more than the rest of you. I think they overdid it and werent ready for all they were doing. Overbooked and underprepared would be the best term I could come up with. It managed to be intriguing and annoying at the same time.

I anxiously await you Wrestling Evaulators to chime in on the HBK/Angle match.

The only thing that really annoyed me was The Austin/Mcmahons segment. I understand they wanted to do one last "remember when we used to do this segment". I did enjoy Shane spiel but the skit was entirely too long and nobody wanted to see Comsumate Babyface Linda Mcmahon get stunned and by the time that shit finally happened it was anti-climactic. The messed up thing is, back in the day when Wrestling had mainstream popularity and Raw had its best rating THATS EXACTLY WHAT THEY USED TO DO. Long Austin/Mcmahon segments that went on forever even after everybody and their Granny Susan had figured out what was going on. They were popular. It was kinda dumb tonight. But their was a point when everyone ate that up. I can understand and borderline agree with yall for chastising them but at the same time you cant blame them for using what brought them to the dance.

Guest Alfdogg

My beef with the ironman isn't that the match was a draw, but rather this:

Kurt Angle is the No. 1 contender to Cena.

Shawn Michaels is not even in a program.

And yet, it's Shawn who has the match won before time unfortunately ran out on him, Angle who's made to look like a coward by walking out on sudden death, and Shawn who gets his music played and gets the post-match celebration.

Way to protect your No. 1 contender. Not to mention that that's suspiciously Hogan-esque coming from someone who spent the better part of two months trashing the guy's politicking leading up to SummerSlam. Not that I expected a clean job from him, obviously.

I can't WAIT to see the attempts of the HBK marks to justify *this* one.

I think the WWF should've watched the Piper's Pit segment from Victory Road last year. It starts out with Piper and Snuka but then has Kid Kash come out. It then has Kash/Kazarian/Shane beating down Snuka and has him saved by Dutt/Garza eventually. It set up a 6 man tag at the next PPV with just current wrestlers and by the end of the actual segment it was more focused on the fact that Kash nailed Dutt with a coconut.

HHH v Flair is the only program that has me even partially excited going into fall, only because it's an HHH program, meaning that Flair will probably be able to do some long promos. That's the only reason, and that's even a stretch. Funny that Trips is a midcarder for now, though.

I don't get the point of the feud other than HHH getting to squish his hero. In theory it could be a good boost to restore some cred to the IC belt, but I don't think that will happen either. I guess I'll just enjoy the promos and not get too many expectations.

HHH v Flair is the only program that has me even partially excited going into fall, only because it's an HHH program, meaning that Flair will probably be able to do some long promos. That's the only reason, and that's even a stretch. Funny that Trips is a midcarder for now, though.

Agreed, except for the last part, which I'm unsure about. I could see them using this as the main event program, overshadowing whatever John Cena's doing. It's not like Flair hasn't worked any PPV main events during his current run (versus Orton last year at Taboo Tuesday).