Pro Wrestling Only

Benoit/Eddy/Rey/JBL/Christian/Batista added to RAW

Loss

The way they promoted it on Smackdown would seem to indicate it's not a 6 man tag. They hyped it up as a secret nn the show. Why would you not want ot announce a 6 man tag? They basically gave a vibe that something big's gonna happen and a 6 man tag is the most boring announcement you could possibly make. The thing is thhough are they goinna allow Smackdown to steal the show on Raw?

Why are they blowing their load on free tv like this.  They're going to give away at least 3 PPV calibur matches for free.

I'm assuming it's because it's the re-debut of Raw on USA. They need people to tune in and watch Raw. Not just for the ratings and whatnot but because those are the same people that they'll be selling their PPV's to. If no one watches Raw, no one watches the PPV. This needs to be a huge show.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

We have a concurence. If they wanna do a big show like this then let them!

Why do wrestling fans complain about getting good tv matches? Youre the ones saving money. When the Angle/Lesnar Iron Man was on Smackdown! a couple of years back, everybody was like "I cant belive I watched a good match on TV, they shouldve put that on PPV. I really want to pay 40$ for one good match and 7 crappy ones. Its much better than seeing like 5 good ones for free."

Out of the matches listed Cena/Bischoff is not PPV Quality. The diva match and SD! match are debateable. Angle/ HBK:Iron Man and Edge/Hardy: Money in the Bank/Loser Leaves Raw/Ladder Match( that IS some overbooking, true) are rehashs of matches we have already seen and/or the contiuation of fueds. So at least theyre not totally "giving it away" and yes Im rambling jus a bit now

But the point is, Isnt good wrestling the whole reason one watches such a program? If they wanna do it up with big time main event matches then let them. Why cant people jus be entertained, instead theyre crticizing the company for doing something good for a change.

Guest MJHimJfadeaway23

No on e is complaining about good wrestling matches. We're questioning unsound business practices.

I never understood fans obsession with analyzing business practices, and ignore that they are getting a good show. Let the WWE worry about it. I'm pretty sure they wont go bankrupt cause they put Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan on RAW tonight.

Now, I can understand if they were putting on bad shows, and questioning the product, but the financial aspects, let the WWE worry about that stuff. I just want a good show.

Hell, they have at least three hours and ten minutes to kill tonight. Are we supposed to get 190 minutes of Superstars-era squashes or something? Just be thankful they haven't announced Chief Jay Strongbow vs. Harley Race vs. Koko B. Ware or something for tonight.

No on e is complaining about good wrestling matches. We're questioning unsound business practices.

I never understood fans obsession with analyzing business practices, and ignore that they are getting a good show. Let the WWE worry about it. I'm pretty sure they wont go bankrupt cause they put Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan on RAW tonight.

Now, I can understand if they were putting on bad shows, and questioning the product, but the financial aspects, let the WWE worry about that stuff. I just want a good show.

Um... I don't think anyone here is upset that tonight's show might be better than your average RAW. The main point is that we RECOGNIZE the hotshotting and it comes across as desparate. Also, when you pu so many eggs into one basket, next week, when RAW is its normal, monotonous, uncreative self, you set yourself up for a huge letdown.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

We also RECOGNIZE that its a cry for attenion. We jus dont mind it. The WWE was never known for being subtle.

Itll be a big night for Sports Entertainment regardless.

-ABC has whatever the monday night football game is

-SPIKE has The Ulitimate Fighting extravaganza followed by the replay of TNAs Debut at mignights EST

-USA showed both Fast and Furious movies and had Cena "host" them as a lead into RAW at 7:55. Theyre havinga 3 hour RAW followed by RAW:exposed (the top 10 show) at 11.

Should be interesting.

It's fine to have that mindset, but if you do, you really should stay out of any topics concerning booking ideas or backstage news. At least that's my take. To discuss the other stuff, you sort of have to put yourself in their shoes.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Everyone was introduced, then Bischoff came out & said they couldn't do the match. He had the lights shut off, then had a big laugh at them "stumbling around in the dark." He ended the segment by saying "go to commercial", which they did. After the break, it was Mean Gene/Hogan.

I can guarantee you a HHH/Angle/Carlito v Cena/HBK/Flair match would *never* get that treatment. Anyway, tonight's show was pretty underwhelming considering the hype, and they have no one to blame but themselves if their continued plan for the future is to make their current roster look bad in favor of pushing retired guys as the real stars. Would the McMahon family lie as a whole lie down like that for Cena or Batista? Would Cena be in an all-talk segment that long in the first place? The only time they actually pushed their current guys to look better than their past ones was when they used Foley and Piper to get Orton over, and even that is a waste of everyone involved, since any potential program between Foley and Orton has already been done and wouldn't work as a retread. I guess we got the hint tonight that Rob Conway's singles career will stay in the doldrums for the foreseeable future. I also find it interesting that in video montages and pre-show hype, they portray Chris Jericho as one of the company's biggest stars. It may have helped to portray him that way when he was under contract instead of now. You could already see the propaganda machine putting the wheels in motion tonight, suggesting that Spike TV is responsible for WWE's decline.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. What's sad is that this isn't the usual, "fuck WWE" response I've given in the past, when I still gave a shit about what they were doing. This is just a summary of the sad state of affairs surrounding the current landscape.

That's a really bad way to set up the angle, especially considering that if SD ever does get a measure of comeuppance on the same level they received here (and they won't), it'll happen on a less-viewed show with less hype and less interest, which means it won't matter and the perception of Smackdown as must-miss TV will continue among casual fans.

Having all the SD faces gang up on Angle while all the SD heels ganged up on Cena, conveniently, does wonders to expose the business as well because it all seems so neat and pre-planned.