Pro Wrestling Only

Paul Heyman crowd sourcing

evilclown

what led to Heyman being fired from the creative team in February 2003?

Long story short. He was caught listening to a long range Raw Creative team meeting and Stephanie HATED him.

I think that was his late 2004 demotion that lead to him not being included in the original One Night Stand plans. The early 2003 one was just the usual stuff with not being able to work with the McMahons, not making deadlines, etc.

what led to Heyman being fired from the creative team in February 2003?

Long story short. He was caught listening to a long range Raw Creative team meeting and Stephanie HATED him.

Wasn't it an accident and that he fell asleep on the phone or something and didn't realize he was on the Raw creative team meeting conference call?

There was a credit at the end that mentioned something with Jerry Lawler. So maybe it was a commercial tape that features a bunch of Memphis. Remember seeing a bunch of those at the video stores with Lawler in a cartoon picture with 80's stuff.

I know that they showed footage of Beyond the Mat as well

Heyman does mention that he feel asleep where he got caught listening to the RAW meeting. He says that the battery on the phone dying was what cost him. Apparently he had some kind of plan for these meetings so he can avoid as much as them as possible. I think Heyman said on an austin podcast that he did use to listen to RAW booking meetings before that. His rationale that he was "in competition" with RAW at the time and wanted as much of an advantage as possible. In the documentary, you really get the feeling that he looked at Smackdown as a rival promotion instead of just a brand