Pro Wrestling Only

Jim Ross = Gone As An Announcer

Mad Dog

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that they just want to hire pretty boys...

Let's say you're working on a degree in Announcing/Public Speaking. There's thousands of jobs in the US that involve sports announcing. Once in a blue moon a wrestling position comes along. Where are you going to bother learning material for your upcoming job?

It's very difficult to find someone with the extensive knowledge needed to properly call wrestling matches, combined with the skill and qualifications needed to be a solid PBP worker.

It's very difficult to find someone with the extensive knowledge needed to properly call wrestling matches, combined with the skill and qualifications needed to be a solid PBP worker.

That and they berate guys backstage for actually trying to learn about the product. They supposedly mocked Michael Cole repeatedly for being a mark when he tried to learn about wrestling.

The following was posted today on WWE.com:

J.R. hospitalized

Oct. 13, 2005

Earlier today, Jim Ross has been hospitalized to undergo colon surgery. WWE.com will keep you posted if we get any more information.

It just keeps getting worse for JR.

Wow. That was just a classy send off for JR. Just classy.

...I'm so glad I don't watch this company anymore. Anyone in Canada know when TNA and UFC is on and what channel (channel's name please)? I'd like some alternate to this disgusting mockery of pro wrestling.

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

TNA is on Saturday at 11pm and Monday at Midnight (I guess that would technically be Tuesday). UFC has Unleashed (usually features 3 matches that reflect a theme - last week had 3 of Rich Franklins matches) at 10pm on Monday followed up by The Ultimate Fighter II at 11pm.

There is also The Fight Network, if you have Rogers Digital. It's on channel 427.

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

The following was posted today on WWE.com:

J.R. hospitalized

Oct. 13, 2005

Earlier today, Jim Ross has been hospitalized to undergo colon surgery. WWE.com will keep you posted if we get any more information.

It just keeps getting worse for JR.

Luckily for Ross, most of the shit from him comes out of his mouth.

TNA is on Saturday at 11pm and Monday at Midnight (I guess that would technically be Tuesday).  UFC has Unleashed (usually features 3 matches that reflect a theme - last week had 3 of Rich Franklins matches) at 10pm on Monday followed up by The Ultimate Fighter II at 11pm.

There is also The Fight Network, if you have Rogers Digital.  It's on channel 427.

Hm... I'll have to take a look at the schedule of my television programming and see which channel. Hopefully I get Fight Network. Make my life easier than trying to find it.

I found TNA once, but I forgot the channel, hence why I was asking. Thanks Rudo.

^_^;; I don't get Spike, or last I looked at my packaging I don't. Hence, I found it on another channel, but I coudln't remember. Stupid beta version TV company division.