Pro Wrestling Only

Pro-Wrestling Super Show: Wrestling Rulebook (August 27, 2014) with Charles & Kelly

Grimmas

Click here.

One of the most fun episodes we've done on the Super Show. I am joined by Charles and Kelly to dissect the wrestling rule book. We discuss the major rules and what they mean to us. Charles digs up the official Eddie Graham 1983 rule book and we read passages and look at them. Awesome stuff. Check it out.

There was an old Apter mag article about how Hussein Arab's boots were mystical and very complicated.

Oh, and my pal Wolfman used to complain about how it's ok to kick a guy while wearing boots but illegal to take it off and swing it. It's a weapon no matter what limb it's connected to.

Edit: Punch and kick finishers are ok cause there's a five count and the ref doesn't have a chance to start a count.

Listening right now and at the point where you talk about why punches are illegal. I always figured that it was to differentiate the sport from boxing. If you watch old boxing, grappling and clinch work were much more prevalent than what most modern refs allow. So wrestling says no punching, boxing says no tackling/takedowns/holds, only punching. And with the taped fist match, if you punch someone full force with a bare hand, you'll likely break it. Taping your hands protects it.