Pro Wrestling Only

Triple H

Grimmas

22 hours ago, Cap said:

HHH is a LONG shot for my list (almost surely not on it), but I think comparing him to Warrior seems a bit unfair. HHH has his flaws but he is a bit more than a physique and some good matches.

You're right, it's not a fair comparison, but it does fairly convey how little I think of HHH :P

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to grade the guy because while I think he's had some great matches, was probably one of the few proper hated heels in a long while and was a very competent wrestler, the main issue I always had was the need to overextend, overdramatize, just drag matches WAY beyond their reasonable sell by date to fit in more shit. People have made this claim many times so I'll keep it short, but there are so many HHH matches that would've been great if they'd just cut it way down. Bryan at WM 30 was a perfect example of how shorter matches made his stuff more fresh and interesting; it feels like his position meant that no one could just walk up and say "cut this down" so you have to suffer through a lot of long stuff for the sake of being long. It really harms the positives of his longevity because he wants to work longer than he can realistically do and it shows as he needs a LOT of time in-between sequences because he's gassed up. Throw whatever blame at Misawa and co for extending matches beyond reason, Trips contributed to that culture a ton more than people expect. 

He got post knee-explosion Kevin Nash to something presentable in a ladder match despite him gassing up 5 minutes in as per his own admission. I mean, it wasn't GOOD or anything but gotta throw a bone to the guy

12 hours ago, Ma Stump Puller said:

Bryan at WM 30 was a perfect example of how shorter matches made his stuff more fresh and interesting

You know someone made a similar comment in the Bryan thread about this match, which is funny because it's not a short match at all. It's 26 minutes long. It just doesn't feel long because HHH actually wrestles in an interesting way for once. The Rollins match at WM33 was shorter.

1 hour ago, Kadaveri said:

You know someone made a similar comment in the Bryan thread about this match, which is funny because it's not a short match at all. It's 26 minutes long. It just doesn't feel long because HHH actually wrestles in an interesting way for once. The Rollins match at WM33 was shorter.

It's short by HHH standards for me given his typical "big match" length lol. I did check the length of the Rollins match and it's only 10 seconds shorter (Cagematch has it as 25:50) but I will say it feels much longer than that given the slower pace based around slow and boring leg work.