Pro Wrestling Only

Bound for Glory main event in jeopardy

sek69

Just posted on WO:

Kevin Nash was rushed to the hospital about two hours ago in Orlando. We don't have any details other than he was feeling bad after the fan fest and called 911. At this point it is not clear what the problem is but the feeling at the moment is that it is likely he won't be able to appear for tomorrow's show.

At this point the company is working on a subtitute main event plan. The plan at this point is still not finalized both for Jeff Jarrett's new opponent or what to do with the match.

Hope it's nothing serious for Nash, you may not like the guy's work but no one wants to see the big lug die or anything.

Luckily for TNA, since they booked Nash to get a title shot over a bunch of more deserving guys, it would be fairly easy to shoot a "guy angry over getting bypassed attacks Nash" angle to cover this.

Nash's health has caused him some serious problems at inopportune times in the past few years. This appears to be another case of that.

As for TNA, it's a shame that the first time they have a PPV after going to Spike, they won't be able to deliver on their advertised main event.

Well, the way iMPACT! played out last night, Raven could just fight for the title instead of Nash and they could say that Raven took out Nash to get his shot. Raven's lackey was on iMPACT! and said that "Raven will be at Bound for Glory." So, it'd make sense from that perspective. It would also make sense for Raven to be the first person to get a rematch since he just lost the belt to Jarrett.

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

I wouldn't work the injury into the storyline, mainly because the vast majority of the audience would know the truth and wouldn't buy it for a second, so it would be insulting their intelligence to try and pass it off as anything else. But it still can be incorporated into the PPV and used to build the main event.

Monty Brown cutting a promo talking about "Survival of the Fittest" and how Nash was too weak to challenge for the title but he (Brown - Alpha Male) is ready for his shot tonight (playing off the promo from yesterday). Raven saying fate has given him this opportunity to get revenge and his title back. James Mitchell saying that Kevin Nash was a big star, and TNA needs a bigger star to replace him - pointing to Abyss. Have all this in the 30 minutes of free time before the PPV. Then have the TNA executive commitee decide that all the winners of the nights matches will compete in a Battle Royale to determine the #1 contender to JJ. Raven pops out of no where and cusses up a storm saying its unfair since he's not on the PPV and can't qualify to be in the main event. Have him pull a Locke from LOST and talk about "You can't do this to me! This is my destiny!"

If Samoa Joe beats Lyger (likely), have Joe pull out because he is either uninterested in the shot at the moment or he's injured or whatever. Have the announcers say that TNA offered Lyger the choice to compete and Lyger accepted. Have the battle royale with all the winners, with Lyger missing. Near the end have Lyger come down and eliminate the remaining guys in the ring in pretty short order. Have JJ enter the ring immediately and jump Lyger from behind. Lyger fights back though and in the hustle and bustle the mask comes off to reveal Raven. Then you have your match.

Rudo, that's some awesome booking right there. Then, they could follow-up with the controversy over whether or not the final decision would stand (if Raven won). They could milk the hype for an executive decision on whether or not Raven remains the champ for at least 1-2 weeks on Impact.

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

Plus you can have Kevin Nash come back and claim he's still #1 contender, and if they left it to the last two guys (let's say Abyss and Monty Brown) you can have Monty Brown dominate the Battle Royale until the end and claim he deserved to have the shot since Raven came in late (and wasn't legally allowed in there), and have Abyss (or, more accurately, the Sinister Minister) say he deserves the shot, too. I'm not too too familiar with TNA history to make the appropriate connections storyline wise to get the most out of this, but from what I've seen this would work best. It would certainly be the right kind of story to help move along TV up to their 2 hour show.

TNA is going to need a miracle worker vs. JJ in their ME for this show to not bomb.

How do you figure that? I don't think anyone is buying this show for the main event, no matter who JJ ends up facing.

Joe/Lyger, Daniels/Styles, Ultimate X, AMW/Naturals, and you're saying JJ needs a quality replacement for Kevin F'N Nash to save the show?

I was speaking more in regards to the word of the mouth theory:

"Hey, that show was pretty good and the last match, the ME, didn't really suck as much as it could have with Kevin Nash so everything turned out well."

TNA needs good word of the mouth for their first major SpikeTV era PPV and being told one of their ME guys won't be making the show for health related issues just isn't a good way to start things off. TNA needs to end this show on a good note.

I could see that, but you could grab practically anyone in the building and have potentially a better match workwise than Nash can bring at this point.

If it was anyone else on this card forced out, it would have been a big blow to TNA. I think they can survive this.

No doubt since Nash eats a bag of dicks when he wrestles.

Just slot in someone the fans might give a shit about seeing in the ME against JJ. That should be like Booking 101.