Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Charles (Loss)

[1999-12-03-ECW-TNN] Steve Corino and Limp Bizkit

Corino has his new look and is ready to storm into a Limp Bizkit concert. He ends up on stage arguing with Fred Durst. A female fan moons him. Corino continues the promo on Fred for a while until Balls Mahoney, Axl Rotten and New Jack beat him up on stage. An "EC-DUB!" chant breaks out at the show.

I guess ECW and Limp Bizkit were running the same building? I know Limp was big at the time but this was still weird to see. New Jack of all people showing up at a Limp Bizkit concert. Corino takes 2 awful sounding chairshots to the head.

I really liked this as a crossover promotional angle. They're playing to the right type of fanbase with Limp Bizkit. It's surprising how well this went over with the live crowd. Fred Durst would even have his own character in one of the WWE Smackdown games and was clearly a fan. Corino was pretty awesome in his role and took some nasty chair shots. I dread to think how many concussions there were in 1999.

Corino goes all Mr. Bob Backlund on the audience because a Limp Bizkit concert next door to the arena is leaving him unable to concentrate on his match. This is a pretty big coup for ECW.