Pro Wrestling Only

Christian Quits WWE

Marty

Guest EastCoastJ

It's not really Ace.  Vince is making him play hardball and then playing innocent like he always does.

Probably why with his signing bonus, stock options, house and salary Ace is making north of a million dollars for his first year. I guess cleansing your dirty conscience doesn't come cheap if you are WWE.

After getting no love from the WWE once he returned from his back injury he got in his feud with Chris Jericho last year, I think Christian saw the writing on the wall.

If TNA signs Jericho, RVD, and Brock Lesnar, then this is a company that could go to war with the WWE, easily. Add Samoa Joe, Samba Simba-hater era Ron Killings, Homicide, along with Matt Morgan for big man relief, and this company could have a respectable looking Heavyweight division that could shame the WWE's poorly booked version.

Guest teke184

I agree with you, Loss...

The WWE is starting to look more and more like WCW circa 1995-1998, where you only made it on top if you were one of the guys who made it a long time ago (Taker, Angle, Triple H / Hogan, Savage, Nash, Hall), were an office favorite (JBL, Orton / DDP), or if the office kinda likes you and can't ignore the reactions you get (Cena, Batista / Goldberg).

At the same time, you had hard-working undercard guys who either saw the writing on the wall or got outright screwed then going to a company seen as being on its death-knell. (Austin, Foley, and others were laughed at by WCW when they got pushed, as they were "rejects" while the "big boys" were all at WCW)

If the WWE isn't careful, there will be a core of guys who can have good matches AND have some star power that could turn TNA into a legitimate #2 company.

I'd pay to see a TNA PPV if they had Christian, Jericho, RVD, Brock Lesnar, Samoa Joe, Ron Killings, Raven, and others all getting good pushes with no Jarrett involvement.

Considering Jerry Jarrett has so little power now he stamped his feet all the way to WWE Towers, I'd think a Double J free TNA is in our future.

This is probably the pivotal moment for TNA, even if he turns them down they have to do the full court press to attempt to snag him. A poster on crazymax was saying it's too bad they already taped their 11/3 show, since Christian showing up there before his taped appearance on Smackdown would be TNA's "Rick Rude shows up live on Nitro and taped on RAW" moment.

I was just talking to a friend on-line today about the overall ramifications that this could have. I mean, Christian is good friends with Christopher Daniels and Rhino, both of whom are in TNA. Jericho, I assume, is good friends with them all as well. Now, in the past, Jericho has said that if (when) he returned to wrestling, it would only be to WWE. It'd be interesting to see if his opinion changed with Christian walking out. Of course, they weren't on the same shows anymore but still.

I don't think Jericho would leave WWE because of Christian. Jericho has been around for quite some time now and I'm sure he's seen a lot of friends come and go. I don't think Christian is a big enough name to put TNA "on the map" so to speak. I don't think Jericho is either, although I think Jericho still has a bigger name than Christian. However, they're all pieces to a bigger puzzle. If you get a couple pieces, it'll start to look a lot more appealing.

Like Loss said though, this is the biggest wrestling news to come out in some time.

Guest teke184

Vince will play "Good cop" to Johnny Ace's "Bad cop", which is the way Vince usually handles negotiations.

Expect Christian to be jobbing for Masters tomorrow on PPV in a humiliating way to repay his professionalism.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

I actually was gonna vote for Christian and Holly.

Holly because he and masters brutally stiffing each other would be very entertaining.

Guest Cam Chaos

Holly because he and masters brutally stiffing each other would be very entertaining.

What? Where did you come up with that? When does Masters have a track record of stiffing people?
Stevie Richards.

What? Where did you come up with that? When does Masters have a track record of stiffing people?
Stevie Richards.
I wouldn't call that "stiffing" Richards. More like being sloppy, IIRC.

My question is how unwise is it for Christian to work without a contract? I'm about 99% sure these votes are worked, but if he ends up in the match, what if someone botches a move and he gets hurt? For that matter, what if he slips on his way to the shitter before the match? Wouldn't Vince be technically able to say he's not liable since he has no contract with him?

Guest Cam Chaos

Stevie Richards.
I wouldn't call that "stiffing" Richards. More like being sloppy, IIRC.
Owen's piledriver on Austin was sloppy. It was poorly executed and lead to an injury.

Masters swinging for the fences with a double axhandle and breaking someone's facial bones is not sloppy in my book because he didn't do the move wrong or sloppily at all, if anything he excuted too well as it smashed Stevie's face in.

Guest Cam Chaos

My question is how unwise is it for Christian to work without a contract? I'm about 99% sure these votes are worked, but if he ends up in the match, what if someone botches a move and he gets hurt? For that matter, what if he slips on his way to the shitter before the match? Wouldn't Vince be technically able to say he's not liable since he has no contract with him?

Not very. I can't think of any other profession where either the employer or employee would expect to the latter to turn up after their contract was up. I'm guessing he just doesn't want to piss them off in case they do give him a better contract which he has time to read in the future.

If Christian had a belt to lose before leaving, or an angle that needed finalizing, I could see him working w/o a contract to do right by the business. None of those are a factor and the company's treated him like utter shit, yet he's going to take one for the team at a throwaway PPV that's already been booked into oblivion?

I guess it speaks of his character, but it probably also speaks that he's in the wrong profession.

Vince will play "Good cop" to Johnny Ace's "Bad cop", which is the way Vince usually handles negotiations.

Expect Christian to be jobbing for Masters tomorrow on PPV in a humiliating way to repay his professionalism.

If he's leaving, he absolutely should do the job at the PPV. It makes no sense to make him look good if he's not going to be there anymore.