Pro Wrestling Only

Ranking The WrestleManias - The Middle 10

JaymeFuture

This week we are doing Part 2 in our series of podcasts debating the rankings for all 30 WrestleManias in order, from worst to first in blocks of ten, and would like to get some feedback to read on the shows.

I've written an article on what I feel are the middle 10 (if you're interested you can read it here: http://steelchair.co.uk/ranking-the-wrestlemanias-the-middle-10), and want to hear what agreements or disagreements people have with it, what they would rank higher or lower, and why.

For those who don't want to read the whole article, the middle 10 are:

#20 - WrestleMania 18 (2002)
#19 - WrestleMania 13 (1997)
#18 - WrestleMania 12 (1996)
#17 - WrestleMania 25 (2009)
#16 - WrestleMania 26 (2010)
#15 - WrestleMania 16 (2000)
#14 - WrestleMania 7 (1991)
#13 - WrestleMania 8 (1992)
#12 - WrestleMania 24 (2008)
#11 - WrestleMania 22 (2006)

We'll be debating the order on the shows and reading your responses and crediting you accordingly, so what do you think?

Solid list again. My question for Liam for the pod would be what was weighted when ranking these. For example, WM 6 does only have one good match but then again so does WM 3 and that will be a top 10 Mania whereas WM 6 is a bottom 10 one. I think this also is a good comparison for the WM 8 vs. 10 debate which are really two match shows a piece with a nice highlight at the end.

The only Mania of this batch I would champion as higher would be 7. One of the best Mania matches of all time IMO and at the least, some of the best WWF storytelling in history. A really good opener, tag title match and bloody main event. The show also sprinkles in other highlights like the blindfold match, the starting of the streak and even DiBIase vs. Virgil which is decent. I would find a way to sneak WM 7 into my top 10 Manias overall.

Solid list again. My question for Liam for the pod would be what was weighted when ranking these. For example, WM 6 does only have one good match but then again so does WM 3 and that will be a top 10 Mania whereas WM 6 is a bottom 10 one. I think this also is a good comparison for the WM 8 vs. 10 debate which are really two match shows a piece with a nice highlight at the end.

The only Mania of this batch I would champion as higher would be 7. One of the best Mania matches of all time IMO and at the least, some of the best WWF storytelling in history. A really good opener, tag title match and bloody main event. The show also sprinkles in other highlights like the blindfold match, the starting of the streak and even DiBIase vs. Virgil which is decent. I would find a way to sneak WM 7 into my top 10 Manias overall.

Yeah 7 is one of the better in history.

Compare it to 30, last year, and it stacks up quite nicely. 30 has one great match, a good main event and some solid stuff underneath. I think UW-Savage is better than Bryan-HHH, and Slaughter-Hogan is on par with last year's 3-way. The rest of 7 has as many highlights as 30 does.

Just a quick one to update, but the podcast discussing the Middle 10 is now up at this link: http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/play/w7ueqx/SCGRadio32-RankingtheWrestleManias-TheMiddle10.mp3

This ended up being a really fun podcast, breaking down the different elements of all the shows in the Middle 10 and debating the order of the list itself, and with it being the middle group, there are many polarising views. Check it out and let me know what you think!