Pro Wrestling Only

The Bix Show Ep. #2 - Lance Russell; AVClub's LaToya Ferguson

Bix

banner-700x329.jpg

For the second episode of The Bix Show, we’ve got two different guests in separate segments:

We start off with the legendary voice of Memphis wrestling, Lance Russell, who joins the show to, among other things, get us up to speed on what he’s been up to lately, including the Memphis Grizzlies’ Wrestling Night, the Gulf Coast Wrestlers’ Reunion, sitting down for WWE’s Jerry Lawler DVD, and his upcoming appearance at PopCon in Evansville, Indiana. We also cover all sorts of historical topics including some of his non-wrestling broadcasting memories, wrestling content that got him in trouble as director of programming,rescuing a bad promo, his enjoyment of Tony Charles and other British-style wrestlers, the unveiling of Dr. Frank, and much more.

In the second segment, LaToya Ferguson, reviewer of Monday Night Raw (among other, non-wrestling shows) for AVClub.com joins me to talk about a number of topics including reviewing Raw as a TV critic more than a wrestling fan, how TNA’s Paprazzi Productions of all things got her back into wrestling a decade ago, and more.

Time Stamps:

00:00:00 Lance Russell

01:11:05 LaToya Ferguson

The show is also on Stitcher now: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-bix-show

If you enjoy the show, please post a positive review on iTunes and/or Stitcher and do your Amazon shopping via my Amazon Associates link, none of which cost you anything. If you'd like to leave a tip/donation, you can become a monthly patron for as low as $1/month via my Patreon account or, for a one-time payment, use the regular PayPal donation button at the top of the sidebar on davidbix.com.

Still listening to this, about 25 minutes in and enjoying just hearing Russell talk, he seems so personable. Have you spoken to him often, Bix? Because it seems like you guys have a great rapport, or he's extremely easy to talk to.

Both. We talk fairly regularly, but he was like that the first time I ever dealt with him.

Great great show. Was Lance mentioned in the "nicest people in wrestling" thread we recently had over here? What a great man. The mutual respect and the friendship that you have with each other was really shining through the interview.

The second part wasn't bad but it fell flat after the first. It should have come first or should have been done as a different mini-episode.

I loved the Lance Russell interview. Whoever said that nice guys finish last has obviously never met Lance Russell, who seems like he could be the most amicable guy you've ever heard talk. Oh, and the years of wrestling stories would be cool to hear too.