Pro Wrestling Only

General NWA Thread

BillThompson

Didn't know where to ask this o I figured this topic would suffice. I'm big on proper labeling, it's an OCD thing I think. Either way, my question pertains to the TV show Main Event. I understand that it originally was called NWA Main Event. By 1990 was it still called that? I've seen it listed in some places as NWA orld Championship Wrestling Main Event and in others as WCW Main Event? So, in 1990, specifically for the famous Eaton/Flair match, what would the promotion be and the name of the show? I'm leaning towards it still being NWA as the promotion and Main Event as the name of the show, but I want to try and get this right.

(Also, in the spirit of the new ways of the board I figured this could be the thread for general questions and comments about the NWA throughout the years.)

Didn't know where to ask this o I figured this topic would suffice. I'm big on proper labeling, it's an OCD thing I think. Either way, my question pertains to the TV show Main Event. I understand that it originally was called NWA Main Event. By 1990 was it still called that? I've seen it listed in some places as NWA orld Championship Wrestling Main Event and in others as WCW Main Event? So, in 1990, specifically for the famous Eaton/Flair match, what would the promotion be and the name of the show? I'm leaning towards it still being NWA as the promotion and Main Event as the name of the show, but I want to try and get this right.

(Also, in the spirit of the new ways of the board I figured this could be the thread for general questions and comments about the NWA throughout the years.)

The first episode of "WCW" Main Event wasn't until 12/6/1990.

Does anyone know what Flair's last "traveling champion" match was? I know by 85-86 he was pretty much working exclusively for Crockett which is why I was so surprised when he popped up on Continental TV in September of 1986 defending against Wendell Cooley.